picture freezes on TCM HD?

Javaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
CT, USA
For weeks now I've been getting random brief picture freeze-ups on Turner Classic Movies (HD). I haven't seen it on the SD channel. The signal strength on my 722 shows 60. It's hard to believe it's an issue on my end with this being the only channel glitching. Any other TCM viewers having this problem? Been acting up bad tonight with glitches several times an hour. Thanks.

Reactions: ekilgus
I DVR a lot of TCM movies, especially the old musicals and I have not noticed anything here. How has your weather been? Bad weather can affect the signal. Is your antenna aligned well? Some channels are more sensitive than others.

I DVR a lot of TCM movies, especially the old musicals and I have not noticed anything here. How has your weather been? Bad weather can affect the signal. Is your antenna aligned well? Some channels are more sensitive than others.

Strength is locked with a steady 62-63. Weather not a factor. It's gotten really bad since yesterday. Strange that it seems to be limited to this one channel TCM HD (sat 61.5 transponder 10). BBC America 135 and NBC Sports 159 use the same and I'm not seeing any problems there.

For weeks now I've been getting random brief picture freeze-ups on Turner Classic Movies (HD). I haven't seen it on the SD channel. The signal strength on my 722 shows 60. It's hard to believe it's an issue on my end with this being the only channel glitching. Any other TCM viewers having this problem? Been acting up bad tonight with glitches several times an hour. Thanks.
There could be an issue with the LNB on that and maybe other transponders that you haven't noticed or possibly the 722 itself? I know, reaching for straws but it;'s hard to decipher without seeing it.

I've been experiencing the same problem. I seriously doubt it's a viewer's hardware issue as it only happens on TCM, no other channels. There is a momentary freezing of the picture often accompanied by some mild pixelation and then it's back to normal. It usually occurs 2-3 times an hour, sometimes more often.

Reactions: Jon J and Javaman
I've been experiencing the same problem. I seriously doubt it's a viewer's hardware issue as it only happens on TCM, no other channels. There is a momentary freezing of the picture often accompanied by some mild pixelation and then it's back to normal. It usually occurs 2-3 times an hour, sometimes more often.
I get this too and we're on the Western arc. There's also the random black [what I call] ''pixellation blobs'' when there's an action scene or the scenery changes fast. Seems like Dish's encoder can't keep up

Reactions: Javaman
I'm experiencing it as well, (HWS, Eastern Arc) and this momentary freeze is only on TCM, so it isn't any of my equipment. I vaguely seem to remember this occurred once before on TCM many years ago.

Reactions: Javaman
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
I checked this afternoon and while it's much better than last night I did see two picture freezes during the 20 minutes I was watching. No disruption to audio just a very quick sticking of the picture for a fraction of a second then back to normal. When I skip back it's still there.

Reactions: jannah
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
I checked this afternoon and while it's much better than last night I did see two picture freezes during the 20 minutes I was watching. No disruption to audio just a very quick sticking of the picture for a fraction of a second then back to normal. When I skip back it's still there.
Has anyone called it in since there's a few people having the same trouble?

I've been watching for the past hour and so far so good. Maybe it's been fixed. If it starts freezing again I'll be back.

Reviving this thread because the TCM freezeups have gotten annoying again. I mean they never really went away but seem more frequent recently and I guess I've just gotten fed up with seeing them. Is anyone from DISH reading the forums or do I have to contact them and jump through all the usual hoops just to explain it's something on their end?

Have you checked your transponder strengths?... I would start with that
strength is 64 on xponder 10 sat 61.5
No problem on NBCSP or BBCA and they're also on 10.
TCM HD is the only channel I see this with. A momentary sticking of the picture usually during action on screen. Audio not effected.

There is an app for TCM. You can sign in using your DISH id and password and you can watch all you want on that app via Roku or Firestick. I watched Blake Edward's S.O.B. last night staring Julie Andrews among others in an all star cast from 1981. No freezing on the app except when I froze it on purpose, when Julie Andrews (ex Mary Poppins) reveals her chest to the world.;)

This happens to me on Comedy Central for several months. It’s the only channel it happens on and signal strength is great at 65 on sat 61.5.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jacobm69

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)