Picture not centered, help

munscher

Jul 25, 2004
I had VOOM installed last week and most everything is fine. The picture, though, is off-centered to the left and i can't figure out how to fix it. It's very annoying as the left side of the VOOM menu hangs off the screen out of view as well as any title bars or info bars that are present within a television program. Anybody know the problem?

I haven't noticed this problem with any other inputs: cable, PS2, DVD, etc... so i don't think its the TV. (Philips 55" HD widescreen)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
munscher,

Welcome. There have been a few people here that had a similar problem. They ended up getting the service manual of the TV (online somewhere; just do a google search) and changing the geometry for their HDTV input. You need to be careful about going to the service menu and only change the geometry setting. I had to do this on mine not only for the VOOM input but for other inputs as well.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 26, 2004
South
I have a Philips 55PW9363 and can't find any adjustments in my service menu to fix the centering. What I did was change from DVI (AV5) to RGB (AV4). Fixed the centering problem. Picture not as good though, plus I can't use "progressive" on my DVD cause it was in the AV4 slot. I only have 4 more weeks left and I can change back.

munscher

Jul 25, 2004
Yeah i have a progressive DVD player in AV4 and don't want to lose that. I'll have to see if i can find anything on the service manual adjustments. My uncle works for philips, i'll also call him.

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
I have a Sammy DLP and had to go into the service panel and had to choose option number 8 and than I choose a function called "DVD Move" and this recentered the picture for my DVI connection. I had no problems with the component.

I would make a post in AV foreum about your problem.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 26, 2004
South
munscher, would you let me know if you find anything?
I've searched the for months and not alot of luck. Like I said, I can get in the service menu but see nothing on centering.
Thanks and Good Luck

munscher

Jul 25, 2004
rkr0923 said:
munscher, would you let me know if you find anything?
I've searched the for months and not alot of luck. Like I said, I can get in the service menu but see nothing on centering.
Thanks and Good Luck

yeah i'll post up what i find... my uncle is out of the country for a few days right now. how do i access the service menu?

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 26, 2004
South
062596 menu
062596 status
062597 menu
I have read "062596 info" but my remote has no info button, it came with the TV
What model Philips you have?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
my RCA D52W20 had the SAME issue. If you can get into your service menu you will need to adjust the Horizontal setting.

I need to change mine back since Voom is going bye-bye and Directv is getting me an HD receiver free.

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
RCA 52"

Neutron said:
my RCA D52W20 had the SAME issue. If you can get into your service menu you will need to adjust the Horizontal setting.

I need to change mine back since Voom is going bye-bye and Directv is getting me an HD receiver free.

I did that adjustment and it also effected my cmp2 it shifted it over too, does anybody know how to fix on this model, can each inputs horizontal setting be set differently ?

munscher

Jul 25, 2004
I found the gemoetry settings in the service menu and fixed the problem.... i now need to reconverge everything because its outta wack due to shrinking the picture, etc...

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2004
Neutron said:

I also have one of them there D* free HDTV STB's. Little use though with such a limited number of HD channels...

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Ahh, but I bet the box doesn't freak out nearly as much as Voom's box..... :yes

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2004
Neutron said:
Ahh, but I bet the box doesn't freak out nearly as much as Voom's box..... :yes
LOL wanna bet. I have the Sammy T360. I had to do two reboots within the last week.. They also release stuff and say it is final but mean while it is still beta. Oh by the way D* had to ship me out three until I got a box that worked.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 26, 2004
South
munscher.....so what code did you use and where did you find the gemoetry settings?
I can't find that one :confused:

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 24, 2003
Neutron said:

I have the same tv, how did you do this? I can't find it. Plus have you tried component? Does it do the same thing on there or just dvi?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I didn't have to mess with the components as both my DVD (CMP1) and Xbox (CMP2) show perfectly on my screen.

I believe it's this:

With the TV turned off hold the Vol+ and Chan+ buttons until the TV turns on (usually 10-15 sec).

Then find your geometry setting (be sure to have your TV on the correct input first) and then adjust the horizontal setting.

mkwillia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2004
Neutron,
Was this difficult? Is there a specific line or code that you could point me to so I don't mess up something.

Also, did you only fix the horizontal aspect or did you fix the entire viewable aspect? I think if I can just find the part where I can fix the overscan I will be great.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)