Picture pixelate every 2 minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
The picture pixelates on all channels around every 2 minutes. It started around 2 weeks ago. How do I fix it?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Actually not so much a check switch, you already know you are getting the satellite. But go there and see what your signal strengths are and watch them for awhile not just a minute or two. See if they are fluctuating alot. Also be sure you really mean all channels. If not all channels see if the the ones affected are from the same satellite.

If all signals are good it could be a hard drive problem. Of course be sure all connections inside and out are good.

I had something like this a couple of years ago on a five year old Bell TV (Echostar) receiver; good signal, consistent pixelating every minute or two. Turns out in was bad capacitors. The only fix was replace the receiver or the capacitors.

It look likes only channels on 129w, the signal is around 35

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Pixelation USUALLY means something is partially blocking signal. Most likely a tree. Even if there's no trees near the dish, it could still be one down the street, etc. The 129 sat is pretty low to the ground, usually around 25° or so. So think about a 45° angle from the dish too the sky, and cut that in half..

Something I see in spring often, besides tree branches flapping in the breeze in front of a signal, is water inside LNBs. In climates where it gets hot in summer and freezing in winter the lnb cover will sometimes crack and then you actually see water inside of it. Sometimes it looks like just droplets on the inside, other times its enough to look like a water bottle on its side. If you can access this dish, I'd look at the LNB (the eyes) and see if you can see moisture in there. The solution to this is easy, new LNB.

bouncing signal is almost always tree related, especially if it started in late spring

from behind the dish, look down and to the right of where you think it is pointing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)