Picture Quailty difference ABCHD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CFreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Could someone who gets both ABCHD channels on G16 99w tell me if they see any difference in the picture quailty between the DVB-S ABCHD and the DVB-S2 8psk ABCHD channel?

I dont need to see both to tell you the DVB-S2 pic will blow the DVB one out of the water.

DVB-S2 if I remember right is 3 channels on a 30000 symbol rate
DVB is on a symbol rate 1/2 that and shares it with 5 SD channels

;)

THats what I figured. I bet that DVB channel would not look even as good as something you would get off cable or the satellite companys. I was thinking of just getting a 6 foot dish to get that channel. But if it is a water down HD verison I would not waste my time. :rant:Might just get me a small ku dish until I can get a large C band dish.:)

Last edited:
I know when ABC HD was DVB the picture was really good. It had a nice high symbol rate (29125).

Dont get me wrong, this HD feed is OK and I can tell you its better than what the local cable company gets but not as crisp as the OTA version I have....I use to not be able to get ABC HD without pixeling here but after the conversion they moved from DT50 to DT35 and the picture is stable now :)

If you have no other option for ABC HD it probably would be worth it

I dont need to see both to tell you the DVB-S2 pic will blow the DVB one out of the water.

DVB-S2 if I remember right is 3 channels on a 30000 symbol rate
DVB is on a symbol rate 1/2 that and shares it with 5 SD channels

;)
Absolutely, Ice. I have them both here, and the S2 network feed is nothing short of awesome. The regular DVB is not as good as my Dish sub or OTA but it still looks decent. :)

Absolutely, Ice. I have them both here, and the S2 network feed is nothing short of awesome. The regular DVB is not as good as my Dish sub or OTA but it still looks decent. :)

I though about it. And I want awsome or nothing:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)