Picture Quality Cable V/s Coolsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
Last Friday I was watching a show on NBC , both satellite feed and the cable relay. Still picture and brightness was better in the STB and moving picture had better quality on the cable. I am 100% sure that the local NBC was using the same signal from the satellite feed and comcast was relaying it from local NBC. I was getting better than 90 Signal quality but picture quality was not good compared to the cable.
Which STBs are better in picture quality than Coolsat? Do the professional receivers do such a better job compared to STBs what we use?

The networks are probably getting the C-Band feeds on AMC4. Another thing is those feeds have a higher symbol rate so they have more bandwidth to use.

A transponder with 4 channels with a symbol rate of 26000 is going to be better than one that crams 4 transponders with a symbol rate of 5000.

When I do a blind scan on my pansat, when it hits a TP it shows in a orange block the bandwidth. Low symbol rates show like taking a pencil and marking it. The higher bandwidth is like a block

Tron said:
I was wondering why the TP blocks on the Pansats are different sized :)

I thought maybe it had to do with different signal quality on different TP's ?

Wyr

Tron said:
I was wondering why the TP blocks on the Pansats are different sized :)

wyrtwister said:
I thought maybe it had to do with different signal quality on different TP's ?

wyr...has nothing to do with siagnal. There some feeds that bury the meter but are a pencil mark on the blind scan

Tron..That is an assumption that the higher the SR the bigger the block. When I scan a slot that has data stuff (IA8, AMC9) there are huge blocks (for the sr of 30000) yet news feeds just show a pencil mark (sr of 3978)

I've noticed on the Pansat, that when it's searching for and finds channels, some will be shaded and some will be bright. I believe the shaded ones turn out to be scrambled and the bright ones turn out to be ITC. This is just my assuming observation, it could be something totally different.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)