Picture quality?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HDTV's need HD quality signal

An HDTV will always show more artifacts on SD than it will on HD signals. It's time for them to go to HD receivers. They are now watch much larger screens than they most likely had before it's time for them to upgrade.

An HDTV will always show more artifacts on SD than it will on HD signals. It's time for them to go to HD receivers. They are now watch much larger screens than they most likely had before it's time for them to upgrade.

My CRT TV is HD (1080i) and it displays SD better than the LCD (1080p) Vizio.

My concerns might be moot when they hook up my new HD receivers on Friday. :)

CRT's are much more forgiving than a large LCD. Aren't the LCD's much larger than the CRT?

My CRT is 36 diagonal (not widescreen) and the LCD is 32 diagonal (and of course it's widescreen). When the LCD is not in stretch mode, the image on the CRT is actually larger.

The diff is the design

My CRT is 36 diagonal (not widescreen) and the LCD is 32 diagonal (and of course it's widescreen). When the LCD is not in stretch mode, the image on the CRT is actually larger.

Then the difference you are seeing is the way a CRT is more forgiving than the LCD. I don't like LCD's for many reasons and you are find one of them now. I'm a Plasma & CRT person. I have a 42" 1080p Panny plasma and an older 32" 4x3 CRT ( currently not being used) and is ready for a move that I will be making to another town soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)