Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
What is the picture quality like on DTV and how does it compare to E*? I'm looking for opinions from people who have both or have had both recently. Thanks.

I've had both...
well Had E* till about a year ago.
My opinion is that the E* SD picture was always a bit soft, and quite a bit of pixelation in dark areas. Don't know about E* HD picture though.

I currently have D* and I think the SD picture is much better. Crisp lines and little to no pixelation in dark areas. the HD picture is quite nice, though others would have you believe its crap.

Between the two I'd pick D*

I have both, HD, E* wins ...even the HDlite V* channels beat D* HD lite. As for SD some are better on one than the other and it varies between the providers... I had a free preview of my "locals" until late December from D* and they were better than the E* counterparts...

I had E* and was generally disappointed with their standard def PQ. I always found it a bit flat with a lot of posterization. D* wins here with a picture that has a little more dimensionality. Colors seemed more vibrant as well. E* currently wins on HD PQ.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts