Pictures of 1000.2 Dish

I had low numbers on the 129 sat when I first installed it and then I changed my elevation and used a sat meter to peak it on 119. Once I changed my elevation by one point it came in stronger on all 3. It seems the elevation for my area is off by one point. The instructions say not to change the elevation but I never listen to instructions. I didn't change the skew and left it the same as instructions. It came in good in the high 90s and 80s & some 70s on most of the transponders on 129. If I ever want it to default to 61.5 sat which I have plugged in also, I will just run a check switch with the 129 lnb covered in foil. Then it will only recognize the 3 sats instead of 4. Either way I am set for what ever I need now.

Mike,
Did you put the foil over the other 2 LNB's to get a better signal on 129 while peaking?

Thanks,
Jeff

Sorry I am so late answering, I just saw your post.

Actually I peaked it only on 119 and covered the other two lnbs with foil. IT seems to work if you get it a good signal on 119 and you have the dish pointed in the right direction then 129 and 110 come right in. I didn't change the skew at all and used a sat meter to peak it on 119 . I did have to change the elevation though by one point to get a good signal on all three.

Jeff,

I'm getting 60 on TP2 so it's not one of the high ones but I was getting 79 on the same TP with just the D500.

Mike,

Thanks, I'll play with the elevation a bit.

I just got a 1000+ installed on my roof and it's a behemoth!!! I'd post pics, but we just had an ice storm. It's got two LNB's on the sides of what looks like a glass "eye". It also has a HUGE power converter with about 10 coax cables running out of it. I had to plug in TWO power cords with my 622 HD DVR...one was a powered signal booster for the signal from the dish and the other was to power the DVR. The dish also has two support rods that connect to the dish itself to give it stability. Pretty big change from the old SD dish. Still can't be seen from my street, but it's kinda funny to see it up there now. It also has a longer main pole to get better coverage apparently.

Jeff,

I'm getting 60 on TP2 so it's not one of the high ones but I was getting 79 on the same TP with just the D500.

Mike,

Thanks, I'll play with the elevation a bit.

Saturday I installed my new dish 1000.2 and after setting the azimuth and elevation for my zip code couldn't pick up a signal at all and I mean nothing. I finally had to raise the elevation just slightly over 1 point and was able to only then get any kind of a signal. I spent about an hour attempting to bring in 119 to a decent level. My 110 and 119 readings are now reasonable all things considered however 129 runs from a low of 53 off TP6 to a high of 87 off TP31. I'm running a dish 300 off 148 into the 1000.2 input and am locked on all four satellites. Maybe in a week or so I'll give it another shot at raising the lowest 129 TP level but I'm not overly optimistic on my chances without inadvertently dropping the 110 signal strength down.

Last edited:
During some rare but recent rain I noticed my low end TP inputs dropped into the forties, it looks like I'll be tweaking the new dish 1000.2 sooner rather then later.

I does not sound as if the 1000.2 is going to offer much, if any, improvement over the D1000 here on the West Coast.

From the positive side it certainly offered a cheaper alternative then adding a Dish Pro+ 44 switch aside from three outputs verses four and assuming your paying for the equipment yourself. However with the low TP levels off 129 it don't look all that promising and my concern at this point is how much I'm able to trade off of the 110 signal strength to add to 129 if its possible at all.

Local retailer in town here told me that the testing they've done with 1000.2 has yeilded less than stellar results and that it's not really helpful with the 129 issue.

I have to agree. I really don't notice too much of an increase in signal. Maybe 2 or 3 point increase on the 129. The one advantage, as a previous poster noted, is the fact you can have 3 receivers being fed from the LNB, versus 2 receivers from the D1000.

Well I adjusted the elevation by 1 degree and the signal improved on 129 but nothing spectacular. The elevation for 119, and 129 here in the Bay Area is 46. For 110 is 45. For the D1000.2, it's 45 so it makes sense that by going to 46 I will get better readings off 129.

The D1000.2 is a nice dish with nice features (feed to 3 DPP receivers) and 4 satellite locations but it doesn't help with the problem with 129. Only a bigger dish all for 129 helps.

Here is a PDF document that shows the before (2 D500s) and after (D1000.2) readings. These readings are off a 622.

Attachments

• Satellite Readings.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 130
I get ok signal strength on the new 1000.2, I just updated from 500, but I know my 500 hunder has better strength. on 129 I am around 84 119 and 110 in the 90's.

Does anyone else think it looks like the D* dish? The good thing the installed told me (Since they wouldn't let me set it up mself) was that I can run 6 tuners or 3 dual tuners off of it.

Well I adjusted the elevation by 1 degree and the signal improved on 129 but nothing spectacular. The elevation for 119, and 129 here in the Bay Area is 46. For 110 is 45. For the D1000.2, it's 45 so it makes sense that by going to 46 I will get better readings off 129.

The D1000.2 is a nice dish with nice features (feed to 3 DPP receivers) and 4 satellite locations but it doesn't help with the problem with 129. Only a bigger dish all for 129 helps.

Here is a PDF document that shows the before (2 D500s) and after (D1000.2) readings. These readings are off a 622.

My readings are nearly identical here in Northern Colorado with a 622 and dish 1000.2. So are you going to keep the 1000.2 up or go back to the 2 x 500's?

Jeff

My readings are nearly identical here in Northern Colorado with a 622 and dish 1000.2. So are you going to keep the 1000.2 up or go back to the 2 x 500's?

Jeff

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I'm gonna play with the azimuth a little more on Friday, I doubt that I can get anything better but I'll try.

The TPs (HD channels) that I'm interested in are not that bad so I'm planning on keeping it even at the current readings. My HD locals are on 119 so that's not a problem either. I think we're the only market with HD Locals on 119.

I get ok signal strength on the new 1000.2, I just updated from 500, but I know my 500 hunder has better strength. on 129 I am around 84 119 and 110 in the 90's.

Does anyone else think it looks like the D* dish? The good thing the installed told me (Since they wouldn't let me set it up mself) was that I can run 6 tuners or 3 dual tuners off of it.
He was wrong - 3 dual STB are OK, but not way to connect 6 regular receivers. Only three. More with switche(s).

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I'm gonna play with the azimuth a little more on Friday, I doubt that I can get anything better but I'll try.

The TPs (HD channels) that I'm interested in are not that bad so I'm planning on keeping it even at the current readings. My HD locals are on 119 so that's not a problem either. I think we're the only market with HD Locals on 119.

Our HD locals are spot beamed off 110 which isn't a bad option ether. In the final analysis I intend to attempt to tweak only the lowest TP's off 129 that I might actually watch in bad weather and in this area really inclement weather is rare.

I recently upgraded from a SuperDish 121 + DPP44 + 942/811 setup to a Dish 1000.2 + 622/211 configuration. I am getting a signal level of only high 40's / low 50's on many transponders on the 129 bird. Some transponders are in the 50's - 60's range and a few come in at high 70's (therefore I am getting a range like 48 - 78) The HD channels all seem to be coming in fine. Should I just leave it as is ("don't fix it if it ain't broke") or should I call Dish Tech support and have them come and re-point the dish? What, if anything is the disadvantage of having signal levels below 50? (since I seem to be getting the HD channels just fine). I must mention that the installer peaked for the 129 bird with just a single spare LNB, fixed the Dish in that position and then attached the Triple LNB of the Dish 1000.2...Was this correct? I recall reading somewhere that the dish 1000.2 needs to be peaked for the 119 bird and that the other two birds will then automatically come in at maximum levels. Any thoughts on this? Incidentally, I get good signal levels in the 80's and 90's on the 110 and 119 birds.

Having higher signal levels prevent you from losing signal during rain or snow. You will begin experiencing signal loss at 45 (IIRC). When it rains you could lose as much as 40 pts. in your signal. Dish Network recommends 70+, I'd say it's more like 80+ so you don't experience signal loss durin rain.

What area do you live in? People in the Pacific Northwest and Northern California have more problems with 129 than people in other areas of the country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts