Pictures of Joey 3.0?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I must say, I really miss 4x-FF speed that Dish removed a while back. You could zip through a hockey game and still follow what was happening!
Yes, that was one of the advantages when I recently switched from a Wally back to a ViP211k. DVR functionality had been completely broken on any Wally on my account, so I was just glad to get DVR functionality back at all. Getting 4x-FF back was a nice bonus. You may want to consider adding a ViP211k instead of a Joey. It wouldn't integrate with the Hopper, obviously, but at least you would have 4x-FF.

Do you think it is a technical limitation of the host-client setup or of the Joey boxes? Or does Dish just need to put in a more powerful processor in the 4K Joey?
I am not sure exactly what the limitation is, but the 4K Joey has become really outdated, since it does not even do HDR. (All of this is kind of a moot point, since there have apparently been no 4K events available on Dish for quite awhile, anyway.) When Dish does finally decide to start offering more 4K HDR, that would be the time to release an updated version of the 4K Joey, and hopefully, a 4K Wally also.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, TiVo...the swine.

BTW, the Joey 3 looks like the 4K Joey. Using the same chassis, I assume?
I don't know since I cancelled my order for the 4k Joey a few weeks ago. I didn't want to get roped into another 2 years and I am going to cord cut in a month or two

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

As I have also complained (ad nauseam, I'm sure) this is also what I hate about the Wally.

...which was also supposed to have PIP. That was one of the features that was originally announced when the 4K Joey first came out, but Dish dropped the ball on that one. :(
i know not happy about that

Reactions: pattykay
I don't know since I cancelled my order for the 4k Joey a few weeks ago. I didn't want to get roped into another 2 years and I am going to cord cut in a month or two

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the original 4K Joey advertised that PIP was "coming soon". That's why I got it at the time I upgraded to the Hopper 3.

:rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the original 4K Joey advertised that PIP was "coming soon". That's why I got it at the time I upgraded to the Hopper 3.

:rolleyes:
I speculated that they may have dropped plans for PIP on the 4K Joey when they decided to make the 4K Joey compatible with Hopper Duo. I am guessing that they did not want the Joey tying up both tuners for Live TV.

PIP on the Joey would necessitate two streams to the joey simultaneously to be processed in the Joey (not enough horsepower) or the Hopper would have to multiplex pip for itself and for all connected Joeys.

Anybody know an email address for someone at Dish who could help us get the 4X fast forward back?

We need to flood them with requests.

I used the Dish Facebook page to complain about the lack of 4X FFW, you guys who want it back should do the same - flood them with requests.

Dish takes away 4X ff while Tivo adds 1.3X ff WITH AUDIO. It's actually configurable from 1.1X to 1.9X ff.

Sent from my cell phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

THAT would be a GREAT feature to have. I have to think that it would not be too difficult to push out that and our deeply-missed 4x speed as an update. Dish could really have the unquestioned top-tier DVR in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIP on the Joey would necessitate two streams to the joey simultaneously to be processed in the Joey (not enough horsepower) or the Hopper would have to multiplex pip for itself and for all connected Joeys.
Okay, so what is the excuse for no PIP on the Wally? There is no need to send the streams anywhere else. That just leaves either "not enough horsepower" or just sheer laziness (or incompetence). I could understand the Wally not having PIP when it was first released, since it was only operational as a single-tuner receiver at that time, until they finally added the software to enable the second tuner. I would have expected PIP to be added at some point after that, though. (I can see the argument that both streams would have to be sent to the external hard drive for DVR-enabled Wally receivers. Dish could get around that by either only enabling PIP on non-DVR Wally receivers, or by only providing a buffer for the video in the main window, not the one in the PIP window. Either option would be an improvement over no PIP at all. It would also finally provide a use for the second tuner in non-DVR Wally receivers, where that tuner would otherwise just go to waste.)

Anybody know an email address for someone at Dish who could help us get the 4X fast forward back?

We need to flood them with requests.
There is no need to do that. Just use the solution that I posted earlier: either add a ViP211 to your account, or go back to using all ViP equipment.

Yeah, TiVo...the swine.

BTW, the Joey 3 looks like the 4K Joey. Using the same chassis, I assume?
No, here is a side-by-side comparison:
1598304015620.png

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)