Pioneer Elite PRO610-HD TV and DVI

Lil4cyl

Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Hey guys,

I am supposed to have my VOOM installed on June 15th.. SUPPOSED to, but that remains to be seen. I just have a question on my TV and connecting up. I have a Pioneer Elite Pro610-HD 58" model TV. It has a connection on the back of it that looks like the DVI connector, but it is labeled RGB. I checked in the manual and it has a diagram showing being able to connect a Digital tuner to it, but I am not sure if this would be considered a DVI connection or not. I guess if I must I can use component, but would rather use the DVI connection if possible. So is this the same as a DVI connection? I bought the TV new in 2001, so not sure if its outdated as far as that connection goes.

I will be running all of my equipment through my Yamaha RX-V1 receiver, which has component out, I am assuming it may be better to just run the component from the STB to the RX-V1 and then keep my component out from the receiver like it is? That way I won't have to switch the video input of the TV to watch VOOM etc..?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same TV. Sorry, that is not a DVI connection. It is a DB15 computer type connector. Some older model HDTV boxes had this connection. Sadly I think it is being discontinued.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the info.. I think I would rather go through my A/V receiver with component switching anyway.

BTW, how do you like your TV? What type of settings have you settled on for your picture? I am considering having someone come out an calibrate mine sometime. I have done the convergence setup but not sure about the other stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts