Pittsburgh Locals

justinndover

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I live in Central PA and I am originally from Pittsburgh. Is there anyway I can receive the local Pittsburgh channels rather than the local Harrisburg channels? I really don't like the Harrisburg channels.

You can try and ask but the locals are limited to the physical area where you live. Sometimes the spotbeams overlap and you have the option for either but I am unsure in this instance.

It depends on the set up you have.

Pittsburgh locals are currently available on 129 TP10, 118.7 TP15 and 77 TP2. If you can get a signal from one of those, then you should be able to "move" to get the Pittsburgh channels.

Dish tells me that the Pittsburgh locals are now exclusively on the 77 satellite. Is this true? I have a line of site to the 129 but not the 77.

If it is true, Would this work? I have two 500s hooked in to a dpp44. Getting the western arc. 110, 119, 129. I have a port open on the dpp44. Could I get a third 500, sit it on the opposite side of the house and try to get the 77. and can you have a setup getting the western arc with a wing dish or extra dish for the 77? I mean to say is that configuration possible?

No, as of today according to TheList!, Pittsburgh HD locals are still on both 129 and 77. SD locals are on 110 and 77.

You could indeed use WA and a wing on 77. I don't think that is supported, but so far as I have heard, it will work. Dish is trying to force us all onto one arc or the other, and not mix them up like that.

Thanks! I need to call them. Where is this list u r referring to please? Is it an official Dish network list or from someone else's website?

Can anyone in Pittsburgh confirm they are receiving locals on the 129?

This is an unofficial list

Pittsburgh, PA, Locals on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

Call them again I mean as the rep insisted that the hd locals were no longer on the 129 and that he couldn't subscribe them to me even though I'm in Pittsburgh market cuz I don't receive the 77.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I called back n this rep said he has no idea why the other guy told me that. I have my Pitt locals now on the 129. He turned them on. All is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)