placement of the poles in my site plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thomas34461usa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster

Hello,
I need some help on this please. I want to get my two dishes set up and at the same time I want to put up the Birdview at the same time. There’s also the question of that 12 foot fiberglass dish to put up too. I’m going to wait on that one to erect it till after the others are up. There is still a question on my mind about the placement of the poles in my site plan for these 3 to possible 4 dishes. I live in a heavy wooded area and I need to set at a direction of South at 213 degrees and be able to go towards to 240 degrees without and obstructions. I have a clear shot of that now with the two poles already set in concrete. I need to plant the pole for the Birdview and have a clean view or direction. The 12 foot fiberglass I will have to take apart later and reassemble it later and see if it’s not a warped dish by giving it a string test. Then I might put that one in. Most importantly for me is to place the Birdview in. Should I make room on either side of the existing poles or place it in front of the poles already set in to get at that clear line of sight without any obstructions from trees? Please help on this! Thank, I want to do it right the first time around!

Thanks again,
Tom
:)

siteplanformorepoles.jpg

Hey Tom, how much of the arc will be able to see from your 2 existing poles? Is the purple line pointing approximately at your "true south" sat?

Hey Tom, how much of the arc will be able to see from your 2 existing poles? Is the purple line pointing approximately at your "true south" sat?
Phlatwound,
Yes, the Purple line is my south line at the 213 degree mark. The tree’s that were too tall I cut them down. The trees that are in my neighbor’s yards I have no problem with to the 240 degree. I’m also using what was shown on the “Sadoun Site” using the 35 and 15 degree marks. I should clear that easy. There is one tree to the left with the red X if I put a pole there the tree will have to come down. The Yellow X I don’t know if I will be able to clear my neighbor trees. Maybe for now it will be ok but the future with tree growth, debatable? I’m not sure if I should put some ahead of the poles that are there now. Oh yeah, the two poles that are there now are about 14’ feet apart. Hope that’s a good space for separation. I was going by what the satellite dealer had his poles set in the ground and how many feet between the both of them.

Thanks,
Tom
:D

siteplanformorepoles2.jpg

I don't have an answer for you on your pole placement, you need to determine the LOS from each dish and make sure you won't be pointing into the back of any of the others when they turn to track the arc I guess. I have seen dishes pretty closely spaced at cable headends, but those dishes are fixed.

This may not be of use to you but I discovered you can enter lat/long coordinates (in lieu of street addresses) into the Satellite Dish Angle Pointer on Sadoun's site. By doing that, and taking the coordinates to 4-5 places to the right of the decimal point (ex. 37.7654, -93.13526), you can locate the pointer EXACTLY at your dish location(s). Once you have that you can estimate very closely what your LOS will be if you can estimate the height of your obstructions. Hope this helps you out and good luck! :)

That is a tricky one.
I am facing the same problem. I am going to have to move my 10' dish because neighbor's tree has grown into my view of G15, amc 10, amc 11 etc.
I don't want to block my 7.5' dish which will be if you can imagine this.....35 feet to the direct east.

I am afraid if my 7.5 is on amc-8 it will be blocked by my 10' beside it 35 feet away. Elevation here for amc-8 is really low.

Setting in additional dish location(s).

I don't have an answer for you on your pole placement, you need to determine the LOS from each dish and make sure you won't be pointing into the back of any of the others when they turn to track the arc I guess. I have seen dishes pretty closely spaced at cable headends, but those dishes are fixed.

Thanks Phlatwound,
In setting the first two poles in the ground I set it with the spec’s I got from the Sadoun site. I chose a part in my backyard where I would be able to clear the tall trees and have the best clearance of any obstructions. Also when I put the two poles side by side I went by the length that they were set at the satellite shop when they were in use. They were apart by about ten feet. I think mine is at out eleven feet apart. I made sure that when I set my compass I had a clear Line of Site at the 213° and was able to go towards the 240° degree without any trees getting into the way. That was for the two poles. I think I can still get the same with using the same line of degrees given to me by the Sadoun site because I moved the cursor to another direction that would be next to the other pole. However I was talking to Linuxman and if I remember right he says that he separates his dishes by twenty feet. I don’t think I could do that in my backyard and still have a good LOS. So I’m thinking about putting them side by side so that when they do turn in a direction they won’t hit the back end of another dish. Just how far to place them is my main question??

This may not be of use to you but I discovered you can enter lat/long coordinates (in lieu of street addresses) into the Satellite Dish Angle Pointer on Sadoun's site. By doing that, and taking the coordinates to 4-5 places to the right of the decimal point (ex. 37.7654, -93.13526), you can locate the pointer EXACTLY at your dish location(s). Once you have that you can estimate very closely what your LOS will be if you can estimate the height of your obstructions. Hope this helps you out and good luck! :)

I tried that by entering my information and it didn’t work out for me like it did you. So I must have overlooked something? When I put in my address in it came to the front of the house. I moved the cursor to where the dishes will be. I think that is the coordinates of W82°28’32.45’ x N28°52’58.53”
I tried putting in this too: 82.2832.45, -28.5258.53 and it didn’t work for me.
Thanks again Phlatwound,
Tom

sadounmap1.jpg

That is a tricky one.
I am facing the same problem. I am going to have to move my 10' dish because neighbor's tree has grown into my view of G15, amc 10, amc 11 etc.
I don't want to block my 7.5' dish which will be if you can imagine this.....35 feet to the direct east.

I am afraid if my 7.5 is on amc-8 it will be blocked by my 10' beside it 35 feet away. Elevation here for amc-8 is really low.

Thanks Truckracer sorry to hear you’re in the same boat. I just trying to use the best LOS I can and hope that those Pine trees don’t grow so fast!

Thanks,
Tom

Los

-Just in update in what I have been doing the last couple of days.
I'm still trying to enter lat/long coordinates (in lieu of street addresses) into the Satellite Dish Angle Pointer on Sadoun's site, with no luck. What do you think I could be doing wrong here? My address is above on the map info.

Where I had an opening for the two pole that were put in previously I had a clear LOS. I’m clearing more trees to widening the opening for a larger opening so that all 3 and maybe 4 dishes will have a clear LOS. The trees that are in my neighbors yards I don’t think are tall enough to hinder me but at the same time that’s why I set the poles so high!
The only thing that I wondering about here because I’m no expert here with operating with having more then one motorize system satellite dish at the same time. Given what Linuxman ( trying to remember exactly what he told me the best that I can!) told me that he spaces his dishes by 20 feet so it won’t get any interference. So if I put my dishes together and have them separated by say 11 to 15 feet will I get interference such as signal bleed over? Now when I looking at the tops of the trees I think I have it right the signal clearing the tops of the trees.

Thanks in advance for any input here before I put in the poles and the cement! I want a go about this the right way the first time!

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, start by entering the coordinates that come up under "Your Location" when you enter your address on Sadoun's site: "28.883, -82.476". Enter them in the address bar.

Then you can manipulate the numbers to the right of the decimal point in the figures for latitude and longitude to move the cursor around....DO NOT add any more decimal points.

I'm just making this up but you may end up with something like "28.8345, -82.4759", you can literally move the pointer a few feet at a time, depending on how far to the right of the decimal point you carry your numbers. You will have to "zoom in" as much as possible so that you can tell exactly where the pointer is located in relation to where your poles are set.

This worked well for me because I live out in the sticks and my address doesn't come up on there. Once I was able to locate my property and dish location I knew almost exactly the proper azimuth to begin aiming my dish for my true south (or any other satellite), since the pointer line gave me a landmark to compare to.....and my compass sucks. It will also give you a real good idea if you can clear your trees, if you can estimate their height.

Tom, start by entering the coordinates that come up under "Your Location" when you enter your address on Sadoun's site: "28.883, -82.476". Enter them in the address bar.

Then you can manipulate the numbers to the right of the decimal point in the figures for latitude and longitude to move the cursor around....DO NOT add any more decimal points.

I'm just making this up but you may end up with something like "28.8345, -82.4759", you can literally move the pointer a few feet at a time, depending on how far to the right of the decimal point you carry your numbers. You will have to "zoom in" as much as possible so that you can tell exactly where the pointer is located in relation to where your poles are set.

This worked well for me because I live out in the sticks and my address doesn't come up on there. Once I was able to locate my property and dish location I knew almost exactly the proper azimuth to begin aiming my dish for my true south (or any other satellite), since the pointer line gave me a landmark to compare to.....and my compass sucks. It will also give you a real good idea if you can clear your trees, if you can estimate their height.
Thanks Phlatwound,
I did that like you said and it did change the numbers a bit. Not much but some. To be on the safe side and to make sure I'm doing this right. I 'm moving the red looking balloon only right to change the location. The green one just tells me of the D= as in Depth? and H=Height? they never seem to change the numbers unless I move the green ballon myself. I'm thinking is just move the red dot??

That photo they show of my home is very old. It shows a van and a trailer on the property (Google Earth) and that was more then 10 years ago!!

Thanks again for your Help Phlatwound!
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts