GEOSATpro Playback a previous recording while recording

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Today I tryed to playback a previous recording while a recording was taking place. What happened was as soon as I selected media player in the menu, the recording stopped. However, once I exited out of the media player back to the TV, the recording continued. To confirm this I stopped the recording and then played the file back with the boxes media player, and sure enough there was a missing gap in the recording. This is with the 2013-1-31 firmware. Do I need to perform a factory default/reload of firmware? Are others experiancing this? To enter the media player I am pressing menu, selecting the icon on the bottom then media player, then left arrow to DVR, then down to the recorded files.

Firmware .19 1/31/2013.

Recording one channel as I type, the MET on 83w. Pressed the Yellow key to access the DVR recordings. Selected a recording of Escape from 99w. Watched the DVR recording of the Escape channel for 10 minutes (red record indicator light stayed on the front of the microHD). Exited the recording by pressing Stop key. The MET has continued to record with no break in programming.

How many recordings are occurring when you tried to watch a DVR recording?

USB harddrive or thumb flash drive?

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to perform a Factory Reset after loading new firmware.

Last edited:
Just tested with a 16GB thumb drive formatted to FAT32 and strange things happen when trying to push an HD DVR recording and watch another. The drive choked and stopped recording as the DVR playback occurred. Connected the USB harddrive and recording two HD channels and playing a third HD DVR recording.

99.9% sure that your report is related to the throughput of your USB device. My guess is a flash drive? I would try another drive that has better throughput. Might be FAT32 related, but don't have time to additional test.

How many recordings are occurring when you tried to watch a DVR recording?
One recording currently active, then tried to view one previously recorded show. (show was from the same channel, but recorded previously)

USB harddrive or thumb flash drive?
USB THUMB DRIVE. Lexar 64GB JUMPDRIVE S70 NTFS formatted

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to perform a Factory Reset after loading new firmware.
Factory Reset was performed when the firmware was initially loaded. Along with a power cycle. (unplug of power cord)

Pressed the Yellow key to access the DVR recordings.
Thats it.... if I press the yellow button it continues to record, but if I press the menu key, then media player, the recording pauses.
Note: the red light on the front of the box is lit, but the flashing led on the memory stick stops when it pauses.

Last edited:
Thumb drives are almost always too slow to use properly on any sort of high-bitrate signal. The write speed is too slow. Also, NTFS formatting on a thumb drive or SD card is known to cause issues with data corruption. EXFAT is the only file system that will work properly with a thumb drive or memory card >32 gigs in size, but Micro$oft wants too much for licensing of their proprietary file system.

if I press the yellow button it continues to record, but if I press the menu key, then media player, the recording pauses.
Note: the red light on the front of the box is lit, but the flashing led on the memory stick stops when it pauses. (untill you arrow down to a file)

Brian, just wanting to know if this has been confirmed and is on the list for a future fix. I know the way now of pressing the YELLOW button works, but the recording should not pause by accessing the media player through the menu button.

Also if you have anyway to provide feedback to the MediaBox Studio Editor about the settings for MPG changing to H264 when the entry for COZI TV on 103 is exported back to the microHD UDF file.

P.S. I really appreciate all the support you have provided, the microHD is a great box and it is refreshing to actually get some issues resolved with a satellite box and not have to just live with issues that never get fixed.

Brian, just wanting to know if this has been confirmed and is on the list for a future fix. I know the way now of pressing the YELLOW button works, but the recording should not pause by accessing the media player through the menu button.

Also if you have anyway to provide feedback to the MediaBox Studio Editor about the settings for MPG changing to H264 when the entry for COZI TV on 103 is exported back to the microHD UDF file.

P.S. I really appreciate all the support you have provided, the microHD is a great box and it is refreshing to actually get some issues resolved with a satellite box and not have to just live with issues that never get fixed.

We will review the DVR pause and may address it in an update. Would need to consider the benefits or negatives for keeping as an option or changing.

MES has been provided examples and a description of the export issue.

Thank you for the kind comments!

We will review the DVR pause and may address it in an update. Would need to consider the benefits or negatives for keeping as an option or changing.

MES has been provided examples and a description of the export issue.

Thank you for the kind comments!

Great, Thank You (my concern was it might have been overlooked due to the issues with the ALiEditor at the time.... which were resolved)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts