Playboy Channel Still Shows After I Canceled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
Yeah I know some of you would get put off by the title, but someone moved in our house and wanted this specific channel and was willing to pay for it plus some of the bill, okay I guess, but I recently canceled through automated system and even talked with CSR, but it shows in their computer that it was removed and no longer in my account, but its still on, I even reauthorize receivers to no avail, Does it take awhile to be removed? I canceled several days ago. It did removed the Spanish version though.

I doubt they don't realize that it's still on, Because CSR where confused also as to why its still showing, I probably think it'll get removed sooner or later. Luckily I have it on Parental Control so the kids won't see it but for how long :)

For whatever it's worth, I have pretty much the same situation going on.

I added a Showtime/Starz pack right before the 2nd to last season of Dexter started (September 2012 maybe?), and called in to cancel it when the season ended (January 2013?). I haven't been billed for it since, but I still have the channels.

I think what you guys have happ3ning is that you pay for these a month in advance, so say I paid my bill and on the 17th I decided to cancel, I'm already paid thru the end of the month, so it stays on till the end of that pay period.
Unless you specifically tell them otherwise and then you would get credits on the bill.

Premiums are usually removed the day you cancel it. When I've cancelled premiums its removed from the list before I'm off the phone.

If you really want that channel gone you can reauthorize your receivers, that will likely fix it.

Sometimes if the data doesn't take when they turn it off it may stay on until the receiver reauthorizes again, can be a few weeks or more. Most times though it is near-instant.

As long as they say they aren't charging you, and you can confirm that by the recent activity screen on your account, you're good.

Still having problems removing this channel after rebooting and reauthorized all receivers, but doesn't show in my account, Would a access card pull do anything programming wise? I've should of talk to a real live person when trying to cancel this channel instead of a automated system, I just don't want to see surprises on my bill in the future when it should of been removed.

Still having problems removing this channel after rebooting and reauthorized all receivers, but doesn't show in my account, Would a access card pull do anything programming wise? I've should of talk to a real live person when trying to cancel this channel instead of a automated system, I just don't want to see surprises on my bill in the future when it should of been removed.

Keep a record of your bill. If it returns, you have proof of cancellation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts