Pleasant OTA Surprise

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I'm sure most here know about this, but it made me very happy. I had OTA hooked up to both my previous receivers. (622 & 722) It was nice especially with the limited recording capability. It was also nice for me as an out of town sports fan (Living in DC area/Philly fan) My location allows me to pull OTA from DC, Baltimore, and Salisbury, and on a good day from Richmond and Norfolk. On numerous occasions, it allowed me to pick up games of interest to me which were not available on my local DC stations.
With just my wife and I and the 2hopper/2 joey set-up, the OTA is no longer necessary as far as needing an extra tuner. I decided to just get one OTA tuner for the hopper I watch my sports on just for the ability to get some out of area locals.
For some reason I thought that the live OTA capabilities would be confined to that hopper. I was surprised to be able to watch a live OTA broadcast from my non-OTA hopper via live recording.
I've had the new hopper set-up for just over a week, and in my opinion, Dish has done really well. It is a great system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)