Question about Hopper and EHD transfers

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I currently have two hoppers but I've been considering upgrading one of them to the hopper w/sling. My biggest hesitation is I have so many recordings on both hoppers. I have an EHD that I've had and used with my old 722. But I remember when I first got my hopper and tried moving some shows from the EHD to the hopper, many of those shows would not play. So although I still watch some shows that are still on the EHD, I haven't tried moving shows from hopper to EHD, or vice versa since I encountered those original problems. So that being said. Has anyone ran into any similar problems when moving shows from hopper to EHD and then onto the hopper w/sling?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Hi smokey982, we did have reports of the corrupted recordings when moving content from an EHD back to a Hopper. I can tell you the I have had no issues moving content back and forth from an EHD to a Hopper and/or Hopper with Sling. I do this routinely since the Hoppers cannot access the EHD from each other.

Yes, I paid a $100.00 upgrade fee to get a Sling loaded Hopper. PM your account or phone number and the four digit pin number and I will verify the cost for you. Thank you!

I recently upgraded one of my Hoppers. I did run into an issue of not being able to see all my recordings for the transfer to the EHD. You are supposed to be able to wait a while or red button reboot and more will show up. This did not work for me in many cases. I messed with sorting and folders and that seemed to somehow have some shows show up. I did end up not being able to transfer some recordings. Most were PTAT recording where I had the series set to save but they never showed up to transfer although they were on my recordings partition. To get around this I luckily had PTAT set up on both Hoppers so I had those recordings. I probably should have better documented this for the group and Dish but I literally had spent 12 hours messing with it and was tired. I have had no issues with not being able to play transferred programs. For me, the hassle was worth the switch since offloading to an ipad, dish anywhere on both Hoppers, and having an open USB port for another external drive (was used previously for Sling adapter) were all important. It also helped me realise how much stuff I have recorded that I would probably never watch. Still transferred it though. :). Good luck!

Whatever hold time you set for PTAT, default 8 days, will be how long you have to wait to transfer to the EHD.
Click on the tile for the show and select edit. If it says the size is 0.000GB then the PTAT has not expired.
Click on the PTAT listing and select save series, then that all further recordings for that show are saved after PTAT timeout.
That is an easy place to find the shows you have not already set to save. They are marked by an tiny (S) badge.
It is easy to delete the ones you do not want--well sometimes it takes several deletes to get rid of them.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts