Please advice...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ticoman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hi to ALL....I recently found you guys and I have to admit...I love this place...great info here.

I posted this on another thread but I got no response so maybe by itself, you guys can see it......Honest to GOD I have been trying to search the answer here with no luck so far,so if I am just not seeing it, I apologize in advance.....

After a few years away from C band due to the fact that I did not have a dish in my new house, finally I installed a 6' SAMI with a 4DTV and now a Fortec Classic. Believe it or not I am very happy with the dish performance. I get everything both C and KU very well with the exception of PAS3 but that is just because of my dish. In my old house I used to split both C and Ku signals using an A/B swith but now I want to do it a different way so the question is...What type of splitter are you guys using to separate C/ku signals going to your receivers...? Also can I use a 22khz SW from the splitter to feed my MPEG2 receiver...???

Second question.....How good is the 6' Fortec Star dish.....I want to get it only if that dish can get me PAS3 so does anybody here get PAS3 with that particular dish...???? What I really want to get on PAS3 is TP9 3980V SR3500.

Thanks in advance...

DM in Dallas,GA

Last edited:
DM, this is how I do it:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm
This way you won't need a 22khz switch. The polarity on the mpeg receiver will be the same as whatever the polarity on the 4dtv receiver is. At least if your feedhorn has a polarotor on it. And probably if it don't, unless it's a dual c/ku feedhorn.
I can't speak for the 6' Fortec dish. I can however assume it's OK, as I have a 1.2m Fortec, that does well for ku. I have yet to try any C-band on it yet, but I will. I can get PAS3 with an 80cm Fortec dish also (ku only). Although I rarely go there as there's nothing that interest me. Don't know why you can't get it with your C-band dish, unless it's like mine and won't go far enough east without flipping over. And that's too much reprogramming trouble for me. Hope this is some help.

Al

I have one of the 6 footers from Sadoun and it works good for me for IA6, G3, IA5, G4 (all at the top of my arc)

I can't see east with the C-band past AMC3 (LOS issue) so I cant comment on that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts