please help red ring death

kcall27

Original poster
May 3, 2007
my 360 just died its still under warranty from xbox but i really dont want to wait forever to get a reman i thought about buying a new one from walmart and swapping my xbox for the new and returning it back to the store to get a refund as anybody here tried that yet and did they get there money back..please help.

They check serial numbers so that wont work.. Your best bet is if you still have yoru recept from the original one is see if you can exchange it for a new one, or sell the other one you bought on ebay.

just got off phone with microsoft they are sending me a box so i can return my 360 do they repair the same console or is it a reman thats going to give me the same problem down the road.

my 360 just died its still under warranty from xbox but i really dont want to wait forever to get a reman i thought about buying a new one from walmart and swapping my xbox for the new and returning it back to the store to get a refund as anybody here tried that yet and did they get there money back..please help.

One of the reasons why I love my Costco warranty.

Edit, some people mis-understood the reply...
All you have to do is get a Costco membership 50$ yearly, buy your 360 from Costco, if it breaks, you return it to them and they get you a new one.
There, no need to cheat/steal/break the law.

Last edited:
Won't work

They will check the serial numbers on the box with the serial numbers on the unit.

You can try, But if you get caught who knows what can happen.

I replaced mine already.
BTw, I think you mis-understood what I was saying....I did not buy another 360 to bring it home to replace it...thats just stupid/retarded/dumb.
All I did is take my broken 360 to Costco and they got me a brand new one.

Yup - Costco backs there stuff 100%. No need to be all shady about it.

QFT, there is nothing wrong on returning items at costco, except TV's, computers and projectors because there is a 90 day warranty on those.
Other than that, anything else in the store it has a lifetime warranty.
The 360/PS3/Wii are not included in the 90day warranty, they have a lifetime warranty there.
50$ yearly its totally worth it for the costco membership.

just got off phone with microsoft they are sending me a box so i can return my 360 do they repair the same console or is it a reman thats going to give me the same problem down the road.

You will get a refurb. The refurbs have the new heat sink which supposedly stop the RROD.

There is only one thing you can do, call microsoft go through their tarded tech support and get a replacment. They should send you a rebate, if it is the issue I have in mind.

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 01020301041201030020070910e377f3d0b3079e9c2a00c001.jpg
    01020301041201030020070910e377f3d0b3079e9c2a00c001.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 148
There is only one thing you can do, call microsoft go through their tarded tech support and get a replacment. They should send you a rebate, if it is the issue I have in mind.
You don't even have to call them. You can go through the whole process at xbox.com. That is what I did and it took me about 2 minutes. Microsoft will send you a box for you to send the unit back to them and will send you a refurbished unit back. It took about two and a half weeks in my case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)