Please help, very upset about Noggin

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Everyone with DirecTV is seeing the same NOGGIN program schedule as you are. As rad suggested earlier, contact NOGGIN, address your concerns (Why your friends with cable apparently see a different program schedule than DirecTV customers) and see what they say.
You can do so HERE. Please be sure to report back and let us know what they say, as you have peaked our curiosity. :)

This is going to come out as rude and condescending, and I don't mean it to me. A full minute and a half on Yahoo!, and I come up with this:
The Backyardigans Tale of the Mighty Knights debuts January 14 on Nick Jr. at 7 pm.

Over the last couple days during the day Noggin has been advertising that they would be showing the "Backyardigans - Tail of the Mighty Nights" movie at 9am this morning. The guide showed Wonder Pets was scheduled for this time slot, and we just confirmed that Wonder Pets was shown during this time slot....however, Kyle in the link above asks me "What am I talking about"...it's on here?

So, I'd appreciate some helpful responses here to resolve my situation. Why would Noggin advertise a show and not show it to me, but they show it to Kyle (who has Directv) and to others with cable. What's up with this?

I looked back at the schedule for Noggin for the last two days (something you can do with a TiVo) and found the Backyardigans 60 minute episode named "Tale of the Mighty Knights" was scheduled to air at 9:00 AM on Saturday, 1/19. Could it be all that happened is that you confused the time the episode was scheduled to air?

No I am not confused. Obviously you refuse to believe me or read what I am saying and are trying to figure a way I am misunderstanding all this or something.

Lets make it clear again. The darn movie has replayed numerous times since its premier on the 14 both on Nick AND Noggin, for cable customers that is, not Directv customers - I haven't seen it once. They advertised the darn thing on Noggin all the time, but never show it to me...my wife wonders "are we in a time warp or a black hole or something?" Why is it cable customers get to see the movie and Directv customers do not? I hope to find out.

I am going to contact Noggin to try and find out and will report back with their response.

How about you have your friend check his programing guide and tell us the date/time and channel (name, not number) of the next showing of this program on his cable box so we can see what the D* EPG's and NOGGIN web site are saying since nobody else is seeing anything like what you're seeing.

I wonder if the confusion is between when this program is on NOGGIN or Nick Jr. When I click on The Backyardignans on the NOGGIN web site I'm taking to the Nick Jr web site, Backyardigans Printables | Downloads | Online Games | Crafts | Nick Jr

Sorry, can't my program guide doesn't go backwards, only forward. Do you know the next date/time something like this might happen so we can also check it out?

I am simply trying to be funny, but this has become the silliest thread of all time. The NOG on "my DirecTV" (not like its different for anyone else HAHA) has shown EXACTLY what was scheduled since I started watching this thread and every time my kids have tuned to watch it since the channels inception.

I looked back at the schedule for Noggin for the last two days (something you can do with a TiVo) and found the Backyardigans 60 minute episode named "Tale of the Mighty Knights" was scheduled to air at 9:00 AM on Saturday, 1/19. Could it be all that happened is that you confused the time the episode was scheduled to air?

I just checked the guide on my DirecTiVo and it shows the same thing. 9AM ET (8AM CT) yesterday, Saturday the 19th. Now whether or not it was actually on at that time, I don't know. :)

Rad,

I sent Noggin an email. Do you understand what is going on now and where the confusion lies. As you state above, my quide and what was actually shown on Noggin match 1 for 1. But Noggin advertised something different, my cable friends recieve the programming as advertised, and apparently Newshawk got it as advertised too?

So apparently even though Newshawk has Directv, he saw something different that what I saw.

I understand that Newshawk says his Tivo says it was supposed to be shown yesterday. What I don't understand is why your friend with cable says he got it on cable but you on DirecTV watching didn't since as mentioned, DirecTV's just passing the programming along, they're not changing it. If we can let's try to see what happens in the future, real time would be nice, so we can all compare our boxes and see what's going on.

GIS said:
The darn movie has replayed numerous times since its premier on the 14 both on Nick AND Noggin, for cable customers that is, not Directv customers - I haven't seen it once.

Any chance your cable buds have it via VOD?

FYI, the Backyardigans are available via the DirecTV on Demand service if you have a HR20/HR21, there's 5 shows out there now for download.

I understand that Newshawk says his Tivo says it was supposed to be shown yesterday. What I don't understand is why your friend with cable says he got it on cable but you on DirecTV watching didn't since as mentioned, DirecTV's just passing the programming along, they're not changing it. If we can let's try to see what happens in the future, real time would be nice, so we can all compare our boxes and see what's going on.

110% agree with this; there are NOT multiple feeds; the channel is passed along by DirecTV as received from NICK.

OK, now we are getting somewhere, and yes, this is a funny thread!

For that time slot I had Wonder Pets, not the Backyardigans movie on Noggin; here lies my frustration! What is the difference between my programming and yours, Skinny and Newshawk?

I'm not saying it was actually on here, I'm just saying the guide on my DirecTV DVR with TiVo (DirecTiVo) says that it was scheduled to be on at that time. I have no idea why it wasn't on at your home.

The only difference between you and Newshawk & I is that we see everything on Central Time (Newshawk is in OK and I'm in TX). :D

@ charper - See my sig. :)

So am I seeing the the 3 of you ALL are using the TiVo version and see something in the EPG that those of us without TiVo don't see?

I'm not saying it was on or not on here, I really don't know. I sleep in on Saturdays whenever possible.
Not that it's anything I would watch anyway :p
But here's a (sloppy) pic I just took of the Guide from yesterday morning. This thread has me scratching my head too.

Attachments

• Backyardigans.jpg
    Backyardigans.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 144
Ok I just checked my guide and it list the following days

Mon 1/28 at 9:00am,12:00pm,1:00pm and 4:00pm

Tue 1/29 at 9:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm and 4:00pm

Wed 1/30 same times as above

Thur 1/31 same times as above

Fri 2/1 at 9:00am, and 12:00pm

I just noticed that the date and times shown above are all on differant channels on the guide. There either on 298(NOG) 299(NIK1) 300(NIK2)

Last edited:
What cable company and area and channel# ? And what time today?

GIS can you force a reboot and EPG reload on your receiver?

FYI - Backyardigans is shown once every weekday on Noggin on Dishnetwork - 2PM EST. There is no movie "Backyardigans and the Tail of the Mighty Nights" listed nor do I remember it listed for Noggin. The show (not movie) is shown a various times on Nick/NickW. The Wonder Pets you mentioned is shown in the afternoon, 3:30PM EST. (The guide is accurate)

Here is there published schedule.
N O G G I N: TV Schedule

And today's schedule'
N O G G I N: TV Schedule

I also suggest you go to one of your friend's houses and see for yourself if they are seeing it on Noggin, and if their guide shows that movie.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts