Please I Need Help With The Directv Latin

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I might add that setting up something like this is not trivial and a “backyard” variety mesh C/Ku dish would need someone very knowledgeable to squeeze out the performance needed to receive this signal.
Bob

i live in morris

i live in morris county, so do you think by having a 1.2 mesh dish i will get their foot signal???? also what else i need besides the dish ???? how u know it works???

It looks like Morris County is kinda in the hot spot compared to NYC. A friend has (barely) received this in NYC with about a 10ft mesh dish and I found a site with downlink contours, which show a little better signal in central NJ. A 1.2m dish is doubtful but a 1.8m will work. If you can find a used commercial dish cheap and buy an adaptor to use the Latin American consumer LNBF, you should have a working system. If you don’t have the LNBF and can’t find a used dish you will be looking at maybe $600 for a low end Patriot dish with circular Ku feed and about $150 for a pair of commercial LNBs. This type dish also weighs a lot and shipping is not trivial, it also needs a 4” pipe to mount on.
Bob

hey

but how come the other guy told me that i couldnt received their signal
????? plus he said that no matter how big the dish is i wont be able to get their foot signal from the direct tv latin bean !!! also which type of lnb i need? u only specified the dish but not the lnb!

Well, without putting anybody down, most knowledgeable people would speculate that this service is not viewable in NJ and that’s a good assumption. I have personal knowledge that this will work under the conditions mentioned and that may not be common knowledge. Call one of the sponsors of this forum and ask for a Zinwell 10.5 ghz LO Ku LNB for the Directv Latin America service.
Bob
hotboyme said:
but how come the other guy told me that i couldnt received their signal
????? plus he said that no matter how big the dish is i wont be able to get their foot signal from the direct tv latin bean !!! also which type of lnb i need? u only specified the dish but not the lnb!

As the other guy, my assumption is that this type of service is not worth the extreme money, time, effort and headaches you are going to go through to ATTEMPT to get this. And when I say attempt you success rate is not that great versus the money spent. If you are going to try, you best check your local zoning and/or HOA rules before you spend a dime AND you best look around town for a commercial satellite dealer/installer and they can assist you on-site and maybe show you what you are getting into. This IS NOT a typical user do-it-yourself project. I am still interested in the question I asked long ago about what programs are you trying to get? SPECIFIC. You may have better and cheaper options to get the SAME THING. I have setup so many of these C/KU buds and FTA/MPEG systems I can tell when a typical user is way over their head for what they are trying to do and ALL other options should be explored as opposed to dumping in endless amounts of money for nothing that can't be returned.

Last edited:
OK, well I tried, but I see this is going to be useless. I would seriously look at the Para Todos and DirecTV International selections that are legally available in the CONUS before spending that kind of money just to get all the parts to try/hope to get them to work. Good luck!

I’ll agree with the other guy on everything. I should mention, legally you cannot receive this programming, even if you paid for it in another country. Also, depending on which country the receiver is authorized for you may not get programming. There are transponders for some of the extreme southern countries that are definitely not viewable in this country.
Bob

With all that said, there are many dealers in Miami (that most likely have NY counterparts) that will set people up with GLA service in the conus. There are other DBS Forums that have a Latin America section, and some of those dealers participate there. Take a look around.

i know

i know is kind of illegal trying to get their signal from north america but my question is ?? is it posible to get their signal after expending more than 1000 dollars? and gething profesional assistance..

!!

im trying to get espn deportes, espn dos, fox sport south america basically soccer channels

Man what a goose chase, this was SO EASY! You can even contact/click the board's banner at the top of each page for the DISHSTORE.net to get setup.

Then the perfect legal, cheap, fast and headache-free way is to get the Dishnetwork Dish500 AND the Latino Max package.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/..._max/index.asp?viewby=1&packid=10101&sortby=1

For specific channel information, click on link above and the other packs inside that page.

$45

A&E Comedy Central Spike TV Telefutura Oeste
AZTECA AMERICA Court TV TBS Telemundo Este
BBC America E! Entertainment Television TNT Telemundo Oeste
BET FX TV Chile USA Network
Bravo Galavisión TV Colombia Univisión Este
CCTV-E&F Mun2 TV Española International Univisión Oeste
Canal 1 Sci-Fi Channel TV Guide Channel WGN Superstation
Centroamérica TV SiTV Telefutura Este
Bloomberg Television CNBC CNN en Español SUR
C-Span CNBC World Headline News The Weather Channel
C-Span2 CNN NASA
ABC Family Disney Channel (West) Nickelodeon / Nick at Nite (West) Toon Disney
Cartoon Network Hallmark Channel PAX TV
Disney Channel (East) Nickelodeon / Nick at Night (East) TV Land
Cine Latino De Película Clásico TMC Xtra West
De Película Fox Movie Channel The Movie Channel (West)
Altitude Sports & Entertainment Fox Sports Net Bay Area Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh NESN
Comcast Sports Net Chicago Fox Sports Net Cincinnati Fox Sports Net Rocky Mtn Sports Alternate 1
Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic Fox Sports Net Detroit Fox Sports Net South Sports Alternate 2
Comcast Sports Net West Fox Sports Net Florida Fox Sports Net Southwest Sports Alternate 3
ESPN Fox Sports Net Midwest Fox Sports Net West Sports Alternate 4
ESPN Deportes Fox Sports Net New England Fox Sports Net West 2 Sunshine Network
ESPN2 Fox Sports Net New York Fox Sports en Español TV Games Network
ESPNews Fox Sports Net North Gol TV The Speed Channel
Fox Soccer Channel Fox Sports Net Northwest Horse Racing TV Turner South
Fox Sports Net Arizona Fox Sports Net Ohio Madison Square Garden
Animal Planet Discovery en Español Home & Garden Television Wisdom Television
Discovery Channel Do It Yourself Network National Geographic Channel
Discovery Health Food Network The Learning Channel
Discovery Kids History Channel The Travel Channel
4 Decades of Music HTV MTV2
Country Music Television MTV Telehit
Dish Music - Classic Soul MTV Español VH1
BYUTV Good Samaritan Network PBS You University of California
Classic Arts Showcase HITN Panhandle Area Edu.. University of Washington
Colours TV LINK TV RFDTV
Free Speech TV Northern Arizona Univ. Research Channel
Angel One Eternal Word Television Network Trinity Broadcasting Network
Beauty & Fashion Channel Jewelry Television Shop NBC
Healthy Living Channel Men's Channel Shop at Home
Home Shopping Network QVC TV Outlet Mall
ISHOP Resort & Residence
Playboy en Español
4 Decades of Music Dish Music - Beach Party Dish Music - Hot FM Dish Music - Piano & Guitar
Dish Music - 50's & 60's Hits Dish Music - Classic Soul Dish Music - Italia Dish Music - Roadhouse
Dish Music - 70's Hits Dish Music - Country Music One Dish Music - Love Songs Dish Music - Tropical Breezes
Dish Music - 80's Hits Dish Music - Expressions Dish Music - Moodscapes Dish Music - Urban Adult
Dish Music - All That Jazz Dish Music - Hitline Dish Music - New Orleans Jazz
CD-70s Songbook CD-Latino Pop SIRIUS Classic Rewind - Recent Rock SIRIUS Prime Country - '80s & '90s Country
CD-Acoustic Crossroads CD-Light Classical SIRIUS Classic Vinyl - Early Rock SIRIUS Pure Jazz - Classic Jazz
CD-Adult Alternative CD-Miami Mix SIRIUS Classical Voices - Operas SIRIUS RUMBON - Reggaeton/Tropical SIRIUS RUMBON -
CD-Adult Contemporary CD-Modern Rock Alternative SIRIUS Disorder - Free Form Rock SIRIUS Remix - Dance Club Mix
CD-Adult Favorites CD-New Age SIRIUS Elvis - All Elvis! SIRIUS SPA 73 - NEW AGE
CD-BYU Radio Network CD-New Country SIRIUS Faction - Punk HipHop Rock Mix SIRIUS Soul Revue - Classic Soul
CD-Big Band Era CD-NuJazz SIRIUS First Wave - Classic Alternative SIRIUS Spectrum - World Class Rock
CD-Blues CD-Power Rock SIRIUS Gold - '50s and '60s Hits SIRIUS Spirit - Christian Hits
CD-Classic Rock CD-Reggae SIRIUS Hair Nation - '80s Hair Bands SIRIUS Standard Time - Standards
CD-Classical Ambience CD-Tejano SIRIUS Hard Attack - Heavy Metal SIRIUS Super Shuffle
CD-Contemporary Christian CD-Urban Beat SIRIUS Heart & Soul - R&B Hits SIRIUS Symphony Hall - Symphonies
CD-Contemporary Instrumentals CD-Viva Mariachi SIRIUS Hip Hop Nation - Uncut Hip Hop SIRIUS THE GLOBE SIRIUS THE GLOBE
CD-Contemporary Jazz Flavors SIRIUS '60s Vibration - '60s Hits SIRIUS Hits One - Top 40 Hits SIRIUS The Coffee House
CD-Country Classics SIRIUS - BBC-1 SIRIUS Hot Jamz - Hip Hop & R&B Hits SIRIUS Totally '70s - '70s Hits
CD-Country Currents SIRIUS - Love Songs SIRIUS Jam on - Jam Bands SIRIUS Underground Garage - Garage Rock
CD-Easy Instrumentals SIRIUS Alt Nation - Alternative Rock SIRIUS Jazz Cafe - Smooth Jazz SIRIUS Universo Latino - Latin Pop Mix
CD-Eurostyle SIRIUS Area 63 - Trance/Progressive SIRIUS Left of Center - College Rock SIRIUS the Bridge - Mellow Rock
CD-Fiesta Mexicana SIRIUS Back Spin - Old Skool Rap SIRIUS Mexicana - Regional Mexican SIRIUS the Pulse - The '90s & Now
CD-Hawaiian Music SIRIUS Big '80s - '80s Hits SIRIUS Movin Easy - Easy Listening Hits SIRIUS the Roadhouse - Classic Country
CD-Hot Hits SIRIUS Bluegrass - Bluegrass Music SIRIUS Octane - Pure Hard Rock SIRIUS the Strobe - Classic Disco
CD-Jazz Traditions SIRIUS Blues - Classic Blues SIRIUS Outlaw Country SIRIUS the Vault - Deep Cuts Classic Rock
CD-Jukebox Gold SIRIUS Boombox - Breakbeats/Old Skool SIRIUS Planet Jazz - Contemporary Jazz
CD-Kidtunes SIRIUS Broadway's Best - Broadway Musicals SIRIUS Pops - Classical Favorites
CD-Latin Styles SIRIUS Buzzsaw - Classic Hard Rock SIRIUS Praise - Gospel Music

Last edited:
What country was your receiver authorized for? If it was Brazil or far down south it will not work. If the receiver is from Argentina and north it should work fine. Puerto Rico channels you can get with a much smaller 76cm dish.
Bob
hotboyme said:
i know is kind of illegal trying to get their signal from north america but my question is ?? is it posible to get their signal after expending more than 1000 dollars? and gething profesional assistance..

Status
Please reply by conversation.