please read need help /advice . first timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can not get channels from that many satellites without moving the dish..... And if you are just changing on the menu you are not going to figure anything out. List the frequencies and channel names. Then we can ascertain what bird you are looking at. Then we can see what adjustments to have you make --- Otherwise, "I shot an arrow to the sky and where it went......"

And if you are moving the dish without maximizing the aim on one bird, you are driving down 35 W with your windshield covered with a blue tarp as you look at a map of I-20...

seems most chls are duplicated (asian mostly- different ch # but almost same programs.) . but the tuning menu says 97 for some and 95 for others . 110 locked in 5 but there sketchy .(may be this pos avenger lnb . ordering a spitfire i think.
101 got pentagon . play again tomorrow and post a few pics . oh not 127 - 125 w...
other than 97 - what one would be good for cs7000 (dvb-s i believe) .?? is a skybox/openbox dvb-s2 hd any good? x5/f5 or something like that.???
someone told me to do the rs232 to pc for these boxes ! but thats iks or p$ i think and dont want that.

You can not get channels from that many satellites without moving the dish..... And if you are just changing on the menu you are not going to figure anything out. List the frequencies and channel names. Then we can ascertain what bird you are looking at. Then we can see what adjustments to have you make --- Otherwise, "I shot an arrow to the sky and where it went......"

And if you are moving the dish without maximizing the aim on one bird, you are driving down 35 W with your windshield covered with a blue tarp as you look at a map of I-20...

will do tomorrow . i put everything away ! btw i did not just change the settings and rescan . az is 179 and el is 52 and lnb skew is -3 .. then blind scan and then view line up- when tuning to ch. it show #### v/h ### and 97 or 95 or 101 or 110. even put in dedicated tp . as suggested.
pics of this tomorrow - to late now for me .

With Ku a "lil" is a lot :D.As far as signal goes that doesn't really tell you much and my CS5k will show quality of 5 to10 when pointed at absolutely nothing.With a CS5k until you start seeing a quality of say15 or more then you know you're at least close.And you won't be able to watch anything till you get a quality better than 63 on a CS5k.

i got 5 ch. on 97 with q=30 !! not sure how.

i got 5 ch. on 97 with q=30 !! not sure how.
How do we know they are from the 97W satellite???
but the tuning menu says 97 for some and 95 for others
There's no way it will get multiple satellites with only one LNBF on the dish. But it's understandable. The receiver is stupid. (just like a computer, put garbage data in=garbage data out.) It only knows what YOU put into it. You have to tell it what satellite the dish is aimed at. You have to tell it what the LNBF L.O. is. etc-etc. That's why I suggest deleting all and then doing a blind scan, to figure out what satellite it IS aimed at. The names of the channels it scans in will afford others to tell what satellite it's aimed at. Frequency alone may not as you may have the L.O incorrect.

12.229v 20.758 tp 91.0w nimiq 1,3 (images to follow)
12.049v 20.000 , 11.048v 20.000 , 10.780v 20.000 , 11.778v , 12.452v ,12.050v , 11.778v 20.781 ,12.498v 20.000 ,
the are with dish aiming at 97w 179 az 52 el. -3 lnb skew .... cs5k stb., avenger hd 0.1db,in-11.75 / 12.75 ghz , out 950-2000mhz , l.o. 10.75ghz.
cleared all ch. / blind scanned , set @ lnb - single ., lnbf -11.200 ,22khz -off ,disq-off ,legacy -off. getting level @ 98% & q @ 91% as for ch. names - mactv ,cctv,rtn,atv,pstv,ptvn,documentary,pent. rest are ch #'s -- 1,2,3,7,8,44,45,46,47

wild thing is i get a 95% + lock on 91w and 82w . compass set @ 179 /52 /-3 (which should be 97w)
but i thinks its on galaxy 3c !
http://dvbfrequencies.blogspot.com/2012/08/north-south-america.html

Magnetic deviation taken into account??? Think your dish may be a bit east of 97W.

mactv ,cctv,rtn,atv,pstv,ptvn,documentary = 95W
pent is on 87w
If this is actually what you can watch there's something really amiss.
Bent/warped dish is one possibility. Pictures of the dish. Maybe of the tuneup screen when on the CCTV mux and another on Pent.
pictures are worth 1000 words.
I run a 30 inch ChannelMaster and get 200+ channels on 9W. (Only the weakest are problematic during weather)

Last edited:
What model of LNB are you using exactly? The Avenger I've got is definitely a universal, and definitely NOT 10750 MHz.

First thing you want to do is select 97W in the setup menu. The second, third, and fourth things are TO LEAVE THIS SET AT 97W!!!

IGNORE THE OTHER SATELLITES FOR NOW.

You are over-complicating things. Delete ALL TPs that you have blind scanned. Add one of the 2 TPs I posted initially and set it to one of these. Slowly pan your dish left/right (azimuth) until quality is peaked. Slowly raise/lower (elevation) your dish until quality is peaked. Once max signal is attained, perform a blind scan. Report back what channels are found and what frequencies they are at.

As long as you dont have a motorized setup, this will do great for you.
To further tune things, you can try moving the LNBF closer/farther to the dish (focal length) and peaking your quality and then rotating the LNBF CCW/CW (skew) to peak your quality.

Most of the signals on 97W dont require the detailed fine tuning, but if you are chasing a DVB-S2 signal, every smidge of quality helps, especially on a smaller dish.

What model of LNB are you using exactly? The Avenger I've got is definitely a universal, and definitely NOT 10750 MHz.

avenger digital ku single lnbf
11.70-12.75 in freq
950-2000 out freq
lo freq 10.75
0.1db ...

First thing you want to do is select 97W in the setup menu. The second, third, and fourth things are TO LEAVE THIS SET AT 97W!!!

IGNORE THE OTHER SATELLITES FOR NOW.

You are over-complicating things. Delete ALL TPs that you have blind scanned. Add one of the 2 TPs I posted initially and set it to one of these. Slowly pan your dish left/right (azimuth) until quality is peaked. Slowly raise/lower (elevation) your dish until quality is peaked. Once max signal is attained, perform a blind scan. Report back what channels are found and what frequencies they are at.

As long as you dont have a motorized setup, this will do great for you.
To further tune things, you can try moving the LNBF closer/farther to the dish (focal length) and peaking your quality and then rotating the LNBF CCW/CW (skew) to peak your quality.

Most of the signals on 97W dont require the detailed fine tuning, but if you are chasing a DVB-S2 signal, every smidge of quality helps, especially on a smaller dish.

follow this advice:
got a lock -
then blind scanned .
now i have 100 ch's and they all say $$$$
12500 , 12631 v/h . nagravision and they have ia at the end.. lost now . using cs5k rec.

Good news is that the LNBF and the receiver work. Bad news is that you have aimed at the wrong satellite! Definitely aimed at a Dish Network or Bell satellite.

Erase all transponders except the two that Bongu suggested: "Here is the recommended settings for finding 97W: 97 (G19 formerly IA5/T5/G25)-12177 V 23000 or 11842 H 22000"

Verify that the receiver menu setting for LNB type is Standard with LO 10750.

Are you sure that both of the above transponders are showing Signal Quality readings (not Signal Level reading)?

What is the skew angle (LNBF rotation) set to? Standing in front of the dish looking at the back of the LNBF, clockwise or counterclockwise?

used 12177 v first then had to input 11842h manually .

lnb set is single -no opt for standard - only single or universal then twin and dpxxx

from dish looking into lnb rotate to right 3 deg. rotated both ways +- 4 deg with very little change if any !
maybe i need to buy a sat meter !. had to move lnb bracket (universal mount) all the way down (has 10-0-10 settings)
so what bird is 12500 /12631 -because a got 161 good locks . -just that they are all paid . rec has auto roll set on for bev and ?? is cs5k easier to use than my cs7000.?? the 5k had bootleg software and i had to upload new firmware just to get it to work !

how do i put up these pics! had to use my phone to get them !

thanks anole , i have been using the 5k , and i had to upload this firmware the other day as it prev had some hacker software in it . when i would clear everything out -- it wanted to use Dn sats when i scanned . i was just asking if the 7000 was better to use ? sorry for confusion . in fact both had hacker ware in them ...
just asking what sat the tp 12500 v and 12631 h where from 101 maybe? been using android phone for compass as my real compass seems to be stuck on NW . and dish pointer app which seems to have a android glitch - 1 point it locks here then next lock maybe be 1-2 deg over !! my neighbor has DN and his sat is approx 2-5 deg more south than mine is right now ! will clear and re aim later . have to work ! going to hunt for 12177 v again !

These two frequencies could be on any Dish Network or Bell satellite between 61.5w and 125w.

Find the original LNBF that was mounted on the dish and use it as a template for setting the replacement LNBF bracket. Adjust the replacement bracket to hold the new linear LNBF at the exact height and the face at the same angle as the original LNBF. Placing the LNBF at the wrong height and wrong angle will reduce the amount of signal collected from the reflector and the elevation scale will not be accurate.

The Galaxy 19 satellite is almost due south of your location. Reference where the sun is located just before noon. This is where the satellite is located.
http://geosatfinder.com/Reports/SatAim.aspx?Longitude=-96.820503&Latitude=32.78634&SatIds=43

holy christ finally . hours after hours . of everything but 97w . but i got it --- BIG THANKS TO ALL . FEEL LIKE I OWE YOU ALL A BEER !!!!! i used a app called satellitte ar and locked on galaxy 25 , which is 97w ( even show something zipping thru space) 380++++ ch's @75%

AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBBIIIIIIIII GGGGGGGG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE !!! NOW questions is ---- would the cs7000 micro be BETTER !! beside having pvr?

Btw - i am using a direct au9 dish , avenger universal lnb , & cs5kp+

anything worth while on 125?

** lnb tweeking netted 501 video ch's and 422 audio !!! for 97 .. how many should there be on 97w?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)