please reply, ku band channel help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
i have a 33 inch dish
i only have a coolsat 7000, conaxsat nano, and a conaxsat duo trio.
which i used before. now everything is gone what else to go.

im not tryng to get a new box that will need internet acess.

they look like they don't pick up anything on free to air channels
so im planning on buying a acutrac 22 mk11 to find ku band channels

i looked around and only found this inexpensive device. is there a better one for this.

i live in mission viejo, ca

What do you mean "which I used before" ? What did you use it for?
I think you are confused about what free to air is.
It's not gone, and not going anywhere.

help

i like to get free to air not like dish or anything

but since i don't have a meter i wont be able to find any at the moment

i meant those type of free to air like international galaxy and so on

i also need to know if a power multiswitch will power up my setup to get
power to another thing wich is my dvb card it never worked directily to the lnb
i had to use a dish inserter back when nagra two was alive

i had to use a dish inserter back when nagra two was alive[/QUOTE]

What does nagra two have to do with FTA?

:welcome Welcome to the forum! There are many free channels to watch. You have some great equipment and no need to buy a meter to find the free to air satellites like Galaxy 19. Your receiver has a built-in meter that is better than any inexpensive meter that you may be looking at.

Make sure that you have a linear LNBF on your 33inch dish. Select satellite Galaxy 19 in the receiver and set the LO to 10750 and TP frequency to 12177. Take the receiver and a small TV out to the dish and set the dish elevation, Azimuth and LNBF rotation to the coordinates provided at GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV

Make small sweeping movements of about 10 degrees on either side of the aiming coordinates while watching the Signal Quality Meter on the TV screen. Once you are on the correct satellite, the SQ reading will display a reading. If you are on an incorrect satellite or have too weak of a signal, the Quality meter will not display a reading.

Good Luck!

I'd like to add to Satellite AV's suggestion of slowly adjusting the angle of the dish little by little until you get a signal and not just the azimuth (bearing) direction. Don't give up on getting the dish aligned. The first time I set up my dish it took me two days to lock in on D121. After that, aligning my dish became faster and easier - without a signal meter. I'm now able to see all of the FTA satellites as far as 72 degrees West with no dropouts! As Satellite AV said, just using a small TV and one of your receivers will work fine for alignment work.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)