Please support my protest against Dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DishSux

Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Orlando, FL
Simply by replying to my post, you will add more pressure on Dish Network and Charlie Ergen!
Please support by replying! Please support by replying!
Please support by replying! Please support by replying!

>>>
:mad:
Today is another sad days for all DishHD subscribers. Dish, without any explanation, removed a high quality HD channel while adding a not so good one. Let me be specific here: Not everyone loves Smithsonian, not everyone hates C&I HD, but the way Dish treats their customers is beyond comprehension: absolutely grotesque and disgusting. I am drafting this letter to the following Media Outlets and several major investors of Dish to add pressure to this company. Please support me by replying to my post.
1). Wall Street journal
2). CNBC
3). Bloomberg
4). Fox Business
5). Reuters
6). NY Times
7). Fairholme Capital
8). Barclays Global
9). Moodys:
10). Standard&Poor

To whom it may concern:

I am currently a Dish HD subscriber (Account number: 82xxxxxxx****, Receiver# R008XXXXX, Smart Card #: SXXXXXXX) and once again, shocked by Dish's unannounced, grotesque and sleazy way of removing Smithsonian HD channels on Feb 1st while adding another less welcome C&I HD channels. Dish Network had established a reputation of removing premium HD channels (HD quality 24/7, without advertisement). Voom HD is a good example that was destroyed by Dish Network. Dish also had a reputation of using their customers as hostage whenever Dish has a dispute with content provider. HD channels from News Corp are good examples: Dish is the only big provider who does not have FNCHD, Fox business HD and FXHD. I understand content providers can be greedy, such as the Disney company and their ridiculously costly ESPN, but any reasonable person would agree that simply degrading my paid service without informing me is terrible choice and surely to backfire. I also understand that those removed channels are not loved by every subscriber, but it is up to me to choose whether I watch it or not, NOT Dish Network, because I am paying!

Ladies and gentlemen, among Dish subscribers anger is virtually universal, simply go to the following websites you will understand this very well. Those websites include: tvpredictions, highdefforum, satelliteguy, engadgethd, etc. If subscribers are not bound by contract, Dish would face mass exodus. For those of you who are working in the media, please report my email; for those Dish investors, it is time to dump their stock, for those who rate this company, it is time to downgrade Dish. For those private investors, Dish is no good

Currently the economy is tumbling, and many companies have failed recently, such as Circuit City. Well, Dish is the next unless all their top management are removed immediately, even that may be a little too late. I have to say that Dish is terrible, grotesque, vicious and plain stupid.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, how much Smithsonian HD did you watch? IMO, there's nothing in the HD Platinum lineup that is worth $10 per month, and that includes C&I with or without Smithsonian. Personally, I prefer to protest E* by not purchasing these channels.

Like I said, coming out of the woodwork.

real smart posting your R & S#'s and most of your account number. Why dont you just post your address and phone number too :rolleyes:

I think you need to blank out your receiver and smart card numbers. I agree with wetz73, a better way to protest is to drop the extra package and notify E* of the reason.

Hey I know, instead of wasting your time protesting to Dish Network...make a quick phone call and cancel your service. I'm pretty sure 95 percent of Dish subscribers don't give a rip about Smithsonian. But I guess the 5 percent that do are pretty vocal.

Charlie will probably frame this one. I would.

I admit losing this channel wasn't very nice. I like Smithsonian. I didn't watch it every day but more so then Gol or Voom. They just better not Drop FX or Something on those lines.

Already have appointment with cable (hardly a good guy) and I will cancel the moment cable hd is running. Once I move to new condo in March, I will get Uverse!

Au contraire, mon frair!

DishRox

troll, troll, troll, troll, troll, troll, troll

GET BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE

I now know that I will be switching from Dish Network when I move. How stupid Dish Network has to be to remove Smithsonian HD when it's one of the FEW unique HD stations is beyond me. The Platinum HD pack is NOT worth it to me anymore without Smithsonian HD. And I will admit that I wanted Crime & Investigation HD, but it's not worth replacing a much better channel in Smithsonian.

I now know that I will be switching from Dish Network when I move. How stupid Dish Network has to be to remove Smithsonian HD when it's one of the FEW unique HD stations is beyond me. The Platinum HD pack is NOT worth it to me anymore without Smithsonian HD. And I will admit that I wanted Crime & Investigation HD, but it's not worth replacing a much better channel in Smithsonian.
I bet you don't since it will back on by then.

I thought about putting my account number, then someone can potentially hack into my account by using my phone number (average hacker unlikely to know, but just a precaution) and zip.

I will come back Friday with the picture of my service agreement with competitor of Dish.
Dish is doomed now!

Already have appointment with cable (hardly a good guy) and I will cancel the moment cable hd is running. Once I move to new condo in March, I will get Uverse!
Replacing Dish with Uverse? Have fun

I thought about putting my account number, then someone can potentially hack into my account by using my phone number (average hacker unlikely to know, but just a precaution) and zip.

I will come back Friday with the picture of my service agreement with competitor of Dish.
Dish is doomed now!
I'm sure Dish cares so much that you're canceling your service

I don't believe this forum should be used for such emotional diatribes against any company. And by somebody who apparently just registered, just for this purpose. Especially since we ban political talk, and this can be enforced to a remarkable level.

OP is apparently unaware that the "top management" he wants removed are the primary shareholders of the company.

Perhaps some consideration should be given to deleting, or closing, this thread. And maybe to tightening user ID choices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.