Please wait... Saving Data

rcp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Mount Airy, MD
Just looked up at the Geosatpro box in my office to see the display reads, "rEC". Turning on the TV, I see the message "Please wait... Saving Data" in the familiar blue box in the middle of the screen. It's been like this for 15 minutes, at least.

Strange thing is that there is nothing on the recording schedule for today. I have no idea what it's doing. It doesn't respond to the "stop" button for recording. In fact, it doesn't respond to anything that I can find on the remote. The red light flashes on the unit indicating that it sees the remote's requests, but it is ignoring them.

It won't even respond to a power off request, either on the remote or on the receiver itself.

Looks like it is stuck in a disk access which it should not have been doing in the first place.

Any clue as to what to do, other than to power off in the rear and hope it doesn't happen again?

Thank you.

Well, I just rebooted from the rear. Can't see any artifacts from the supposed "Saving Data" operation.

No clue what was happening or why.

We have observed this error if the connected USB drive's index is corrupted, a disk error occurred, the drive is larger than 500GB or after a power outage.

You might want to back up your recordings to your computer then use disk utility software on the computer to scan the USB device for any hardware problems. If found, the repair process may cause you to loose recordings.

Thank you. I will look into possible disk errors.

Only other thought I had was that there used to be a show to be recorded this morning, but I disabled it yesterday. Perhaps it got confused and somehow started to record something which it didn't need to record. But there is no evidence of it actually saving anything to disk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts