POC AWE editing botched

FUD!!!

This has nothing to do with BD, if you actually read the thread.

I watched the film just now, and saw what you're referring to. It's not a problem in the disc, or the master, or a layer transition... it's an edit. They cut from the shot of the camera leaving Barbossa/Sparrow, and intercut it with a separate shot of the camera moving over to Elizabeth. The join wasn't quite perfect, because the two cameras weren't perfectly aligned, so there's a slight jump when it switches from one to the other. It's edited together to appear to be a single take, but it's really not. Most likely done to save on building an expansive set.. you shoot a bunch of stuff from one angle, then redress the set and shoot stuff from other angles to make the set appear larger than it really is via creative editing.

Sharp eye to spot it, but a bit quick to yell "flaw" when it was simply part of the moviemaking process.

FUD!!!

I watched the film just now, and saw what you're referring to. It's not a problem in the disc, or the master, or a layer transition... it's an edit. They cut from the shot of the camera leaving Barbossa/Sparrow, and intercut it with a separate shot of the camera moving over to Elizabeth. The join wasn't quite perfect, because the two cameras weren't perfectly aligned, so there's a slight jump when it switches from one to the other. It's edited together to appear to be a single take, but it's really not. Most likely done to save on building an expansive set.. you shoot a bunch of stuff from one angle, then redress the set and shoot stuff from other angles to make the set appear larger than it really is via creative editing.

Sharp eye to spot it, but a bit quick to yell "flaw" when it was simply part of the moviemaking process.
Not sure what your problem is. No one said anything about Blue Ray but rather sloppy editing disguised as "creative" .
"The join wasn't quite perfect, because the two cameras weren't perfectly aligned..."
"It's edited together to appear to be a single take, but it's really not."
:rolleyes:

FUD!!!

I have to agree with vurbano. i do no see anywhere mentions abot it being a BD problem.

you are the one who jumped to the BD problem..

chicagofilms why do you hate BD so much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)