As of 12/11/07 POC COTBP still butchered!!!!

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I recieved my 5 free BD's yesterday for buying the PS3. Can you believe they are still putting out the butchered copy of black pearl? My copy clearly has a framing issue! Does anyone have the cntact for the replacement disc???:rolleyes:

Now, remember the framing issues with "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" on Blu-ray? Disney is hard at work making new discs with corrected framing. The studio will exchange your copy of the movie if you have an affected disc. For more details call Disney's tech support number at 1-800-723-4763.
LMAO call Disney??? I bet thats a 3 hour wait on hold. :haha

It would probably be more accurate to say "As of whatever-date-they-made-the-copy-that-happened-to-be-sitting-in-the-warehouse-waiting-to-be-shipped-for-freebies POTC COTBP still butchered!!!" :)

But I guess that wouldn't quite have the same Blu-bashing impact.

As a side note, I'm trying to remember when you bought your PS3, but it seems like BD's "five-free" fulfillment is much faster than the stories I've heard about HD-DVD's. I got my A2 with the $98 sale and I'm not expecting my free discs until at least late January.

Most of those hotlines are set up just for these issues. I remember when I called about getting my replacements for the super-duper Superman DVD set I got right through and it was very quick and painless.

I recieved my 5 free BD's yesterday for buying the PS3. Can you believe they are still putting out the butchered copy of black pearl? My copy clearly has a framing issue! Does anyone have the cntact for the replacement disc???:rolleyes:

What a bunch of crap!! Don't company's QC anything anymore!?

It would probably be more accurate to say "As of whatever-date-they-made-the-copy-that-happened-to-be-sitting-in-the-warehouse-waiting-to-be-shipped-for-freebies POTC COTBP still butchered!!!" :)

But I guess that wouldn't quite have the same Blu-bashing impact.

vurbano doesn't understand that.
Anything that he finds wrong with blu-ray he will make a thread and bash.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

As a side note, I'm trying to remember when you bought your PS3, but it seems like BD's "five-free" fulfillment is much faster than the stories I've heard about HD-DVD's. I got my A2 with the $98 sale and I'm not expecting my free discs until at least late January.
I wouldnt know, I got my free HD DVD's in the box from Robert at VE with the HD DVD player.

Most of those hotlines are set up just for these issues. I remember when I called about getting my replacements for the super-duper Superman DVD set I got right through and it was very quick and painless.
There is no "hotline". NO special number setup for this. :rolleyes: I called the number, non of the options setup are specifically for this or any other specific BD release. There is an option for technical assistance and an option for "damaged" discs. I went to tech service and waited a few minutes on hold and hung up. :rolleyes:

vurbano doesn't understand that.
Anything that he finds wrong with blu-ray he will make a thread and bash.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
How would you like me to rephrase the thread? "Dont order this movie because Disney is sending out old f$cked up copies still"? At this point it is inexcusable. :rolleyes:

There is no "hotline". NO special number setup for this. :rolleyes: I called the number, non of the options setup are specifically for this or any other specific BD release. There is an option for technical assistance and an option for "damaged" discs. I went to tech service and waited a few minutes on hold and hung up. :rolleyes:

That sucks.

It boggles the mind that crap like this makes it out the door in this day & age.

From My Two Cents - Archived Posts (11/30/07 - 11/9/07),

Also today, we have a follow-up for you on one other Blu-ray issue. Some of you may recall that a few months ago, viewers reported a framing problem with a few scenes in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Blu-ray Disc. Disney has apparently corrected the problem in production, so future copies going into stores will feature the correct framing (we'll try to find out if there's a way to identify corrected copies by the packaging - UPC number variation or something). In the meantime, if you have a copy with the mis-framed footage, you will SOON be able to call the studio's Blu-ray customer service hotline at 1-800-723-4763 (U.S.) or 1-800-877-2843 (Canada) to arrange an exchange. Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly.

But I don't know if Vurbano will believe it since it's from that BD shill;)

From My Two Cents - Archived Posts (11/30/07 - 11/9/07),

Also today, we have a follow-up for you on one other Blu-ray issue. Some of you may recall that a few months ago, viewers reported a framing problem with a few scenes in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Blu-ray Disc. Disney has apparently corrected the problem in production, so future copies going into stores will feature the correct framing (we'll try to find out if there's a way to identify corrected copies by the packaging - UPC number variation or something). In the meantime, if you have a copy with the mis-framed footage, you will SOON be able to call the studio's Blu-ray customer service hotline at 1-800-723-4763 (U.S.) or 1-800-877-2843 (Canada) to arrange an exchange. Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly.

But I don't know if Vurbano will believe it since it's from that BD shill;)
That's the regular old Disney number I called yesterday. Its in the link of the 2nd post of this thread. If you stay on hold for tech support long enough you can probably accomplish the exchange.

For more details call Disney's tech support number at 1-800-723-4763

That's the regular old Disney number I called yesterday. Its in the link of the 2nd post of this thread. If you stay on hold for tech support long enough you can probably accomplish the exchange.

You missed the part where it says "Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly.", so far there has been no update saying Disney is ready and you can start to call, if there was I would have included that it's OK now.

You missed the part where it says "Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly.", so far there has been no update saying Disney is ready and you can start to call, if there was I would have included that it's OK now.

Looks like they're ready now:

Pirates of the Caribbean: TCOTBP Replacement Info - Page 2 - AVS Forum

I called, and can confirm the replacement program is ready.

Called 1-800-723-4763, gave them my info, and was told a corrected disc should arrive in 7-10 business days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts