Pointing Troubles

6horses2008

Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Hello folks! I install hughesnet in Eastern Ontario, I have installed quite a few KU systemswith little or no trouble at all, even my first pointing only took me about 2 hours to get a 91 signal. Well Ive upgraded my inventory to the HN9000 sytems, bought the tools (dapt and squinters)even the gps, taken the online installer upgrade coarse...well 3 days later, and i still cant hit that bird 95 West
Ive set my elevation, and skew to the modems requirements...checked to make sure the Dapt was correctly inplace..12.5 volts when I started. placed the squinter on the lnb to make sure it was level..checked all connections. even pulled the dish back off to check to see if the mast was plumb. the mount is solid. Are there any pointers from the pros that may help me hit that bird and have me taken off the customers firing squad list!
Thanks

I vote you have the wrong polarity. Did you check to see if you are LHCP?

tater- you can still receive with the polarity set incorrectly.

as far as this dudes issue, obviously check los. what type of dish, raven or crapolin, er...prodelin? did you try the elevation a nit higher, a bit lower.....for example, up here elevation says 36-37. i usually fin it just under 40. is the elevation set right....meaning the line is at the right spot, prodelin vs. raven? just a few thoughts to get started.

From the testing I have done on them I have not been able to receive a signal on a LH beam with the tria set on RH. Now I have not tried getting signal and then switching so I may be wrong.

im ALMOST positive you can. the only reason i say that is because 90% of mine up here are right hand. the only place i find left hand is in PA. i recall pointing a dish and getting an error during commissioning. noticed my mistake, changed polarity and it then went through. it was a while back, i could be wrong, but i think thats kinda the order i did it in. i recall already having done squints, then changing polarity.....???? who knows.

im ALMOST positive you can. the only reason i say that is because 90% of mine up here are right hand. the only place i find left hand is in PA. i recall pointing a dish and getting an error during commissioning. noticed my mistake, changed polarity and it then went through. it was a while back, i could be wrong, but i think thats kinda the order i did it in. i recall already having done squints, then changing polarity.....???? who knows.

I think this calls for a lab experiment. LOL

My experience was the same as Tate, no signal with wrong polarity. I wonder if this guy is dealing with a Prodeline with the focal point off???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)