Polar axis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
I was looking around in here and somewhere else and saw some talk about polar axis setting and after reading that i believe mine might be off by a little,the instructions were for a chaparral corotor 2 plus wich i have but i don't have the polar axis alignment tool so they said if you don't have the tool that the long end of the servo should be pointing to eleven o'clock,now the question is what satellite can you adjust this on because if it's the most southern dish position it will be very hard to reach and the reason i ask what satellite is because i know that they say when your dish is pointing south the servo should be pointing at 11 o'clock and the c-band lnb i take it at 4 o'clock right now if i face my dish the collection side when sitting on C4 the servo is straight up and down with my ku-lnb on my left side and the c-lnb on my right side and both lnb's are sitting horizontal across from each other on satellite C4, is this close to what it should be or off some.:confused:

You can do the adjustment with the Dish pointed anywhere, just mark the 11 o'clock spot when the Dish is pointed to your True South.

You can set the Co-Rotor at the 11:00 - 4:00 position on any satellite as long as you are using the centerline of the dish that would point to North and south as your alignment point.

The dish can actually be pointed at your neighbors house as long as you keep the N/S line as your starting point.

I use 10:30 - 4:30 for my co-rotors.

See pic:

co-rotor-alignment.jpg

You can set the Co-Rotor at the 11:00 - 4:00 position on any satellite as long as you are using the centerline of the dish that would point to North and south as your alignment point.

The dish can actually be pointed at your neighbors house as long as you keep the N/S line as your starting point.

I use 10:30 - 4:30 for my co-rotors.

See pic:

View attachment 30861

Ok say i put my dish on C4 and adjust it so it looks like by your diagram that the north and south would be the joining points of the dish from top to bottom, the only thing is if i set it to that on C4 wouldn't that change it's position when facing south, the last time i checked when i put my dish south it looked like my ku-band lnb was at the 10:30 to 11 o'clock position and my c-band was at 4:30 to 5 o'clock position so it sounds like it might be in the right position correct.

Ok say i put my dish on C4 and adjust it so it looks like by your diagram that the north and south would be the joining points of the dish from top to bottom, the only thing is if i set it to that on C4 wouldn't that change it's position when facing south, the last time i checked when i put my dish south it looked like my ku-band lnb was at the 10:30 to 11 o'clock position and my c-band was at 4:30 to 5 o'clock position so it sounds like it might be in the right position correct.
If it is, then the alignment is fine.

I think it was discussed before about adjusting the skew in the setup menus of your receiver.

In the 4DTV receiver hit Option - 6 - 4 - 4 for programming satellites, and choose the one you want to program.

For instance move the dish to G1 tune to channel 17 (weakest analog) and then hit the buttons on the remote above. Then choose G1 to program it. You will see a box with different settings. One for dish movement from E to W, and another for polarity/skew adjustment. Arrow to the skew/polarity adjustment, and using the arrow keys adjust for least amount of sparklies on H (Horizontal). Then using the channel arrow up and down buttons, move to channel 12 and adjust the skew for V (vertical), least amount of sparklies and best signal.

When finished hit the go back button and save your work.

You may have to do this procedure on each satellite. :)

BTW, the auto will not do as good a job as you can do manually. :D

Signal comparison.

If it is, then the alignment is fine.

I think it was discussed before about adjusting the skew in the setup menus of your receiver.

In the 4DTV receiver hit Option - 6 - 4 - 4 for programming satellites, and choose the one you want to program.

For instance move the dish to G1 tune to channel 17 (weakest analog) and then hit the buttons on the remote above. Then choose G1 to program it. You will see a box with different settings. One for dish movement from E to W, and another for polarity/skew adjustment. Arrow to the skew/polarity adjustment, and using the arrow keys adjust for least amount of sparklies on H (Horizontal). Then using the channel arrow up and down buttons, move to channel 12 and adjust the skew for V (vertical), least amount of sparklies and best signal.

When finished hit the go back button and save your work.

You may have to do this procedure on each satellite. :)

BTW, the auto will not do as good a job as you can do manually. :D

Thanks for the info linuxman since you mentioned those weak channles what would you say is a good signal for the following channels mine on these channels isG1-12/ signal 74 G1-17/signal 74 but have to use Ti filter to help clear them up and how about these G1-143/ signal 100/quality 47 C4-9/signal 78 G4-16 signal 88/90 and W3-20/signal 80

Thanks for the info linuxman since you mentioned those weak channles what would you say is a good signal for the following channels mine on these channels isG1-12/ signal 74 G1-17/signal 74 but have to use Ti filter to help clear them up and how about these G1-143/ signal 100/quality 47 C4-9/signal 78 G4-16 signal 88/90 and W3-20/signal 80

Here are the signals off my 7.5 foot Perfect 10 dish with Co-Rotor

G1 - 12 - 86
G1 - 17 - 86 Need the TI filter on too.
G1 - 143 - 88 signal 59 quality

C4 - 9 - 90

G4 - 16 - 94

W3 - 20 - 88

That is with my DSR-922 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts