Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Hi guys,

Just put a geo sat pro c/ku lnbf on my 7 1/2 foot dish and using my pansat 3500 and have 2 questions.

1. channels are coming in great, BUT, all polarities are opposites.

H channels are only coming in V ect. Do i just need to flip my lnbf over? Will that solve the problem. It doesn't matter which c or ku polarities are backward on both.

2. I am having trouble with the western sats. i reach west limits before I can tune in White Springs. Can I cheat on my true south sat? Can I give up a couple of eastern sats to get stronger signals to the west?

Any suggestions?

am having trouble with the western sats. i reach west limits before I can tune in White Springs. Can I cheat on my true south sat?

you can adjust the mount holding the arm a little to gain more west but you will have to reset all the satellite locations

Give it a 90 degree twist and you will be dead on.
You can take a tp that is already scanned in, edit it to the opposite polarity, then with a tv and your receiver near the dish, turn the geosat until you see the tp quality come back up.
Peak your skew and your done.

Just a thought (and don't destroy your actuator and blame it on me) but I was able to gain about 2" more travel from my 24" actuator by adjusting the limit switches.
Seems when it came from the factory they had set them fairly conservative...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)