How do I reset this thing? Drake ESR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AudioFox

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
West Virginia, USA
Ho there. On my recent rampage of collecting all things dish related I've found a pretty nice old analogue receiver with all of its remotes-Drake* model ESR-1124 (from 1993) for the bargain price of nothing(It was $2400 new). Its in perfect shape, and I would like to use it as a positioner (Can't afford a V-Box right now) and for exploring some of the very few unencrypted analogue channels/feeds left. Unfortunately it didn't come with an instruction manual, and the on-screen menus aren't very helpful. I need to reprogram the positions of some of the satellites-it can be moved manually but this is only useful with the OSD. I'd like to completely reset the memory if possible. I've read the ESR-1724/1824 manual posted elsewhere on this forum, but despite the immense similarities, my receiver seems to lack the #6 "PROGRAM MODE ACCESS" main menu option. Is there another way to do this or am I missing something?

*(As a former HAM I decidedly approve)

Attachments

• Drake-ESR-1124.jpg
    Drake-ESR-1124.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 346
Cool. It was the Channel up + Power secret button combination that I was missing. (Makes you wonder why they didn't just make that its own button.) Thanks mate. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)