How do I reset this thing? Drake ESR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AudioFox

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
West Virginia, USA
Ho there. On my recent rampage of collecting all things dish related I've found a pretty nice old analogue receiver with all of its remotes-Drake* model ESR-1124 (from 1993) for the bargain price of nothing(It was $2400 new). Its in perfect shape, and I would like to use it as a positioner (Can't afford a V-Box right now) and for exploring some of the very few unencrypted analogue channels/feeds left. Unfortunately it didn't come with an instruction manual, and the on-screen menus aren't very helpful. I need to reprogram the positions of some of the satellites-it can be moved manually but this is only useful with the OSD. I'd like to completely reset the memory if possible. I've read the ESR-1724/1824 manual posted elsewhere on this forum, but despite the immense similarities, my receiver seems to lack the #6 "PROGRAM MODE ACCESS" main menu option. Is there another way to do this or am I missing something?

*(As a former HAM I decidedly approve)

Attachments

• Drake-ESR-1124.jpg
    Drake-ESR-1124.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 348
Cool. It was the Channel up + Power secret button combination that I was missing. (Makes you wonder why they didn't just make that its own button.) Thanks mate. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts