pole mounting advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mustang65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Greeneville,TN
I have two 18 inch dishes that i'm wanting to put on the same steel pole. My pole is a galvanized 1 5/8 OD inch steel pole. Any suggestions on what kind of u-bolts,clamps,or special mounting hardware i need to put both dishes on same pole? The second dish is for the 72.5 locals. Thanks

You can use u-bolts with the dish mount. There is a special type of device that is put on a u-bolt that holds it on better but I am not sure what it is called. It is gray that looks like steps on both sides.

is this it?

Attachments

• U-Bolt.jpg
    U-Bolt.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 195
The metal peice on the far right resembles that jagged piece I mentioned in my prior post above. The piece on the left is something else. The jagged piece is used to go against the pole while on the left side you mount the foot of the mount against the pole where the bolts go through the foot holes of the mount.

That particular picture allows a different mounting option where you take a peice off of the dish where the elevation moves up and down which attaches to a pole or mount pipe and bolt it up against that piece instead.

I think this is it. I got it off that website on your post. It's a steel rail clamp.

Attachments

• srk.jpg
    srk.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 176
Thats pretty close to what I was talking about only on one side where it clamps against the pole.

I do like that clamp device with some of the ways you can mount a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)