Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 373 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 345 48.1%

• Total voters
Yesterday I rec'd 2 cards. One for the 508, one for one of my ViP722s. I guess the other one, which is much newer, does not require a purple card.

I'll put them in tonight.

The paper stated that the new system would kick in, in less than two weeks.

I have Embarq/Dish and I have not received mine yet. (622 & 211)

I have 2 VIP 211 One owned the other leased. Both cards came 11-06-08 installed same evening with out a problem. Took about 6 minutes a piece.

I got a prerecorded phone call from Dish tonight saying that my cards were mailed and to be looking for them within ten days, and install them as soon as possible to avoid service interruption.

Received my new smart cards on Friday Nov, 7th. for my 2 Vip622's. Since I have 2 Vip 622's will I be required to switch to the Eastern Arc setup? I am currently pointed to the 110-119 and 61.5 slots. Both of my Vip 622's are hooked to a DP34 switch. I subscribe to the EveryThing Pack with all the HD channels. I get locals from Cincinnati Ohio. I live in Northern Kentucky. Do I need to go to the Eastern Arc or should I keep the same setup I currently have for HD and every thing else Dish has to offer and going to offer. :confused:

Received my new smart cards on Friday Nov, 7th. for my 2 Vip622's. Since I have 2 Vip 622's will I be required to switch to the Eastern Arc setup? I am currently pointed to the 110-119 and 61.5 slots. Both of my Vip 622's are hooked to a DP34 switch. I subscribe to the EveryThing Pack with all the HD channels. I get locals from Cincinnati Ohio. I live in Northern Kentucky. Do I need to go to the Eastern Arc or should I keep the same setup I currently have for HD and every thing else Dish has to offer and going to offer. :confused:

Your setup is fine. You would still get he same channels on EA. Current customers cannot go to EA until Febuary 2009.

I got mine around 3 days ago. I have not been able to logon to the change programming part of the website since.
Under my equipment the website has my old card numbers listed. Of course E* tech help is useless, so I guess it's back to calling in for changes.

I got one for my 722 on Nov 8. The letter said I didn't need one for my 622. I had to get a replacement 622 a couple of months ago. I opened the door on the 622 and it already had a purple card in it.

If they get around to turning on your HD locals you will need a new dish. They have been uplinked on 77 west.

I received 3 out of 4 cards for my 2 622's and 2 722's. My 722 I got on Sept. 27th to replace my old 942 says it didn't need one on the paper. Is this correct on the new 722's, they allready have the new security cards built in? There is no card in the slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)