Poll on Hopper problems

How big of a deal are the problems you have found with the Hopper 3?

• Total voters
The only problem I have with the Hooper is that crazy home screen. I hate it plus dish put you their everytime you go from standby ugh!!!

From all the complaints on here about it I can't imagine it staying there long. I would bet Dish has it gone the next time they send out new software.

No regrets here at all. A little learning curve but all my worries went away after about 1/2 hour of my messing with it. I've posed a Tips, Tricks and Gotcha's thread (not gripes) but things that people might want to learn to be prepared for their install.

My H3 was installed 1/31/2016. It took about 2 days for everything to settle in. Icons etc. But as of Wed. I haven't had 1 major issues. I have not had to reboot my system one time. I have over 110 timers set, all configured to go to folders. Again no issues. No lost folders. Great video.

There are definitely some differences in this and some things that need to be tweaked. But for a brand new piece of hardware and new software, I think this is a great release. My systems includes a H3, Joey2 and Wireless Joey. I've been with Dish for about 15 years and this is the best release I think they've ever had.

I've heard many people say how quick they received there install. I was one of those too. Called Saturday night and my system was up and running by noon on Sunday and NO CHARGE for anything. Upgraded my HWS and replaced my Super Joey with a Joey 2. Replaced my LNB and related equipment. I think Dish is doing a great job on this roll out and has been super responsive to us as customers. By the way I DO NOT WORK for DISH. In case you had that thought.

Is it perfect? - not quite.

Have I had to reboot this week? - NO.

Would I go back to my HWS? - They'd have to pry the H3 from my cold, dead hands.

It is unknown how many "H3" bugs are really "Carbon UI" bugs. The days of HWS having any stability advantage may be numbered once Carbon rolls out to HWS.

From my view waiting is just pessimistic paranoia, but one can never know what the "killer" bug will be for another user, so to each his own.

Well, scratch a little of my post a couple up. Got my first black center screen of death on the display. Everything in the guides, settings, etc looks good but when you go back to any channel center black square box. Eventually it just stopped showing any picture at all but sound was there. Again, even on channel no picture, the Guide, Settings, etc had picture.

I did a RED button reset and all went back to normal. Problem now that I only have one hopper, all 3 other Joey's go into a waiting for Hopper screen.

Something this big, I'm sure they will have to address soon. If I find it's reproducible, I'll post the exact steps.

Reactions: Troch77
were-the-millers-no-ragrets-tattoo-490x370.jpg

Mine won't be installed till this weekend, but remembering how many complaints, bugs, crashes, etc. happened when the Hopper 2 was first released, I don't think the early reviews from users of H3 have been anywhere near as bad.

After about the first 3 days, my Hopper 3 downloaded all of the channel logos, program art work, etc... The VOD is working great, the quality of the picture seems to be better than the HWS to me (could be the placebo effect, you know something new), I have gotten used to the carbon UI, and now quite like it. All of my Joeys are working great. I haven't had hardly any bugs that I have noticed. Even the OTA adapter works better on this unit (on my HWS, a couple of VHF-HI channels would jump in and out). I have been very pleased so far and wouldn't want to go back to the four HWS that I had. Only downside is the loss of the HDD space, however I have two 2TB drives hooked up with USB 3.0 enclosures and move archived programming over to them.

I don't have a H3 . you must have read my mind I was thinking of doing a poll before I bought a H3 .They only problem I have is I have Verizon quantum boxes that had the same problems and it took over a year to fix .the ui looks almost like Verizon . I will keep a watch on this poll .Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)