Poor Quality on Dish TV2

My TV2 is pretty far away and I don’t have a cable long enough.

I wouldn’t be able to do a temporary one, TV 2 is too far away from the receiver. I was wondering, would a cable issue only mess up one tv? TV1 works and looks fine, it’s only TV2. If it was a cable wouldn’t both be getting interference and have poor pictures?
Maybe somebody already said this, but take a short coax and go from that yellow port into the TV connector on your TV where the boxes and then put your TV on whatever channel your TV2 is on

Let me see if I remember how this stuff works.

Can you receive TV1 AND TV2 on the remote TV but on different RF channels.

Your TV1 comes through fine to the remote TV but TV2 is messed up at the remote TV - CORRECT?

If this is the case it sounds like you have a problem with the TV2 RF oscillator and your receiver needs to be replaced.

It has been a long time since I had a 722.

Your TV1 comes through fine to the remote TV but TV2 is messed up at the remote TV - CORRECT?

If this is the case it sounds like you have a problem with the TV2 RF oscillator and your receiver needs to be replaced.

I agree with Jim here. If your duplicated TV1 program on the remote TV is clear but the TV2 isn't that seems to prove that your cabling is fine but the TV2 signal isn't. You can prove that easily by using HipKat's suggestion of making a short run from your 722 to your main TV's antenna in. Then simply change your main TV input to antenna and set your channel to whatever you have the 722 output to.

I was also wondering, if I can get tv1 on tv2 just fine, would it still be a cable issue? Right now tv1 is air 60, tv2 air 62 (I changed it back to what it was after I messed around with it) if I change tv2 to 60, the picture and sound are normal and clear. It’s only when it’s tuned to 62 or whatever channel I set the receiver for tv2 where the picture and audio are messed up
Not sure if this is the correct answer, It depends what your Coaxial cable was made for as some coaxial cable will work reliably up to 750Mhz and some up to 1Ghz which are meant for Cable TV and not satellite, then you have the ones can handle 2.1Ghz which is 2150Mhz which is what satellite tv needs since it seems you are having problems only with certain channels as the bandwidth of each cable is different, depending what the coaxial cable you have is made for. Same thing for spliters as there are 750Mhz/1Ghz splitters and then there are 2Ghz splitters, the former is for CATV while the later is needed for satellite. If you don't have the cable, you can always see if Target, Home Depot or Lowes has the RF-6 that works with satellites already terminated with the connectors and then try the cable and return it afterwards within the return period.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sounds double ungood for your box. But the cable seems good.
Okay so replacing the cables probably won’t change anything

Correct, well dang. Thank you

Reactions: HipKat
Yes, the fact tv1 comes in clear on 60 (which is usually the norm for tv2), and tv2 is messed up then it's definitely the receiver. You have two options. Best option is to call dish and have them send a replacement in the mail. Second option is to use the rca outputs on back of receiver for tv2 and make the TV with the receiver be tv2 but would lose high definition, then make your other one tv1. However to do this you'll need two 21 remotes that can do uhf.

Yes, the fact tv1 comes in clear on 60 (which is usually the norm for tv2), and tv2 is messed up then it's definitely the receiver. You have two options. Best option is to call dish and have them send a replacement in the mail. Second option is to use the rca outputs on back of receiver for tv2 and make the TV with the receiver be tv2 but would lose high definition, then make your other one tv1. However to do this you'll need two 21 remotes that can do uhf.
Thank you, yeah I’ll have to give them a call for a replacement. Thank you for the help

Long RCA cables not good. I expect there are still transmitters around that accept and output composite signals. I wonder if I still have mine. Haven’t used in years.

Don't accept anything other than the exact same version of the 722. The original 722 is slightly different from the 722Z. If you have the origonal 722 the OTA tuner is built in, but the 722Z requires an internal dual tuner module to be able to receive OTA TV signals.

Don't accept anything other than the exact same version of the 722. The original 722 is slightly different from the 722Z. If you have the origonal 722 the OTA tuner is built in, but the 722Z requires an internal dual tuner module to be able to receive OTA TV signals.
I won’t, thank you for the advice

With them no longer being renanufactured, you get what you get lol.