Poor reception w/ D-11 receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejc

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I just purchased a new 52" LCDHD tv..The picture looks great when using CATV. But my DirecTV reception is not so good. The DTV picture on my 20" SD tv is great. I have the 2 tv's split, using a D-11 receiver. How can I improve the reception on the 52" without getting an HD receiver? ....Thanks
ps..I removed the splitter and I still have the same problem...

I just purchased a new 52" LCDHD tv..The picture looks great when using CATV. But my DirecTV reception is not so good. The DTV picture on my 20" SD tv is great. I have the 2 tv's split, using a D-11 receiver. How can I improve the reception on the 52" without getting an HD receiver? ....Thanks
ps..I removed the splitter and I still have the same problem...
First - :welcometo SatGuys.
Second - why would you want to send an inferior SD picture to your new HDTV? You spent all those $ for a great HDTV and want to cripple it? Upgrade to a HD receiver and you'll be very happy.

EJ: I have to TOTALLY agree with Voyager. The whole reason to get an HDTV is to infuse it with the fantastic HD programming available on D*. Of course your small 20"TV looks good in SD; with the 52" you are taking the same amount of digital data and enlarging it approximately 5 times. Imagine taking nice 16X20 photograph and magnifying it 5 times. GRAIN!!!! That's what you're seeing. D* will upgrade your system for free (probably) and you're going to LOVE IT! :cool:

Thanks 4 welcoming me......
I only use DTV for NFL Ticket.. My CATV has the HD I need @ a very low cost.

Thanks 4 welcoming me......
I only use DTV for NFL Ticket.. My CATV has the HD I need @ a very low cost.

Oh, I see... Well, the thing is, if D* will upgrade you for free (and maybe include Superfan, the HD version of ST ) why not?... unless of course you plan to cancel at the end of the FB season. With the upgrade, you would be in a two year "contract." I guess it depends on how much you really want HD. In my case, local cable sucked bigtime when I went HD. It's better now, but D* does it for me, PLUS it is the only place to get Sunday ticket. In this town, unless you can accept what seems to PASS for the NFL (ben-girls), to see real NFL you must have ST.

Oh, I see... Well, the thing is, if D* will upgrade you for free (and maybe include Superfan, the HD version of ST ) why not?... unless of course you plan to cancel at the end of the FB season. With the upgrade, you would be in a two year "contract." I guess it depends on how much you really want HD. In my case, local cable sucked bigtime when I went HD. It's better now, but D* does it for me, PLUS it is the only place to get Sunday ticket. In this town, unless you can accept what seems to PASS for the NFL (ben-girls), to see real NFL you must have ST.
==============================
Yes, I will cancel D* at the end of NFL season.....I just don't understand why the picture is so bad in SD... The picture in SD, when using CATV is just fine; (not HD), but just fine..
Go COWBOYS!!!!!!

==============================
Yes, I will cancel D* at the end of NFL season.....I just don't understand why the picture is so bad in SD... The picture in SD, when using CATV is just fine; (not HD), but just fine..
Go COWBOYS!!!!!!

Are you using the S-Video connection?.Did you change the format setting for Widescreen in System Info on the D11?.:confused:

Are you using the S-Video connection?.Did you change the format setting for Widescreen in System Info on the D11?.:confused:

===============================
Yes, I'm using S-Video conn.
The format is set to 4:3 How do I change it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)