Possible E* Convert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JKeats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Possible Dish Convert

I'm considering the posibility of switching over from Dish and had a few basic questions regarding pricing that I haven't been able to find on the companies website.

I'm interested in DirecTivo, and I want 2 units (total... meaning I only want two receivers, but I'd like both to be the DirecTivo units). Will I pay the $5.99 fee for BOTH units, or is that a single fee?

Also, I couldn't seem to find a price on locals. Is it $4.99?

Sorry for the basic questions... I did try to find this info but didn't have any luck.

You pay $4.99 per month per household for the DVR fee.
You pay $5 per month for each receiver beyond the first.

Locals are included by default with packages. So depending on what you're looking at, they're probably already bundled in.

H

with the directivo's... do you get all the features of the stand alone tivo's for that 6 buck fee or are you also expected to pay the standard 12dollar monthly tivo fee?

There is no seperate $12/mo fee, but it depends on what you mean by ALL the features. The Stand Alone and Directivo run different versions of the TiVo software and have different features. I don't have either but I'm sure if you have a question about specific features someone here could answer that.

JKeats said:
with the directivo's... do you get all the features of the stand alone tivo's for that 6 buck fee or are you also expected to pay the standard 12dollar monthly tivo fee?

DirecTiVos have no ability to do HMO, Multi-Room-Viewing, or TiVoToGo.
Standalone TiVos have no HD capabilities, no 2 tuner capabilities, and no Dolby Digital Audio.

You pay only DirecTV. DirecTV pays TiVo.

Non-R10 DirecTiVos can be hacked to do something like HMO, but it's not for the faint of heart. R10s are more-or-less hack-proof.

H

The fee of $5.99 covers ever Directivo in your house. Now their is also an extra receiver fee (whether it's a Tivo or just a regular receiver) that is $4.99 for each additional. Ie, if you have two Directivo's you'll pay $11 a month, whereas with Dish you'd pay $15 a month, plus another $5 if you didn't keep the Dish DVR pulugged into a phone line. The price of the locals is already in the package. Total Choice plus for example is $45.99 a month and includes the locals.

JKeats said:
sorry... HMO is what?

Home Media Option.
Standalone TiVos, out of the box, can connect to your home network and stream MP3s and pictures to your TV.

DirecTiVos do not do so out of the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts