Possible Feedhorn Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
I had alittle time on my hands today to mess with my feedhorn like we was talking about awhile back with the issue i was having with my 12ft dish about the V and H channels im having to change the settings to get the V channels to come in im having to go to menu and go to dish settings and change the feedhorn setting to rotaded 90 degrees so it changes the polarity of the V channels to H so i can get um i cant seem to find out what cause's this i've mess with it and messed with it i dont think its the feedhorn cause i've moved it around from 90 to 180 and still the same a few guys told me it may be the servo motor but its not i've changed them i had a new one i ordered awhile back and tried it also still the same thing maybe the probe is stuck but when i took off the servo i turned it around with a nickle and it moved i just cant understand what the problem is geez if someone has any more ideas let me know please

my first guess was servo ,i know you checked it and changed it but since its an issue with getting v only or h only , this is most likely the problem area.

i understand that it moves while you manually turn it. Is there a chance that its hooked up wrong. can you hook it up and watch the servo move (you can even hook it up the extra servo motor up at receiver) just to test.

ok will do. you know where the probe turns in the feedhorn it self... how far is the prove suppose to turn when messing with the skew from H- V 90 degress apart right?

On my Chapparal lnb there is a dime-sized blue plastic connector between the servo motor and the base of the probe. Without this connector the servo would turn but will not turn the probe since it is not connected. Is it possible that you are missing a similar connector?

I had alittle time on my hands today to mess with my feedhorn like we was talking about awhile back with the issue i was having with my 12ft dish about the V and H channels im having to change the settings to get the V channels to come in im having to go to menu and go to dish settings and change the feedhorn setting to rotaded 90 degrees so it changes the polarity of the V channels to H so i can get um i cant seem to find out what cause's this i've mess with it and messed with it i dont think its the feedhorn cause i've moved it around from 90 to 180 and still the same a few guys told me it may be the servo motor but its not i've changed them i had a new one i ordered awhile back and tried it also still the same thing maybe the probe is stuck but when i took off the servo i turned it around with a nickle and it moved i just cant understand what the problem is geez if someone has any more ideas let me know please

Disconnect the servo at the dish and bring it inside. Connect it up to your receiver. When changed from V to H the blue adaptor should turn 90 degrees. If it don't the servo motor is bad or there is a feedback issue in the circuit that controls your polarity in your receiver. The probe at the feed should turn freely 360 degrees if you have no motor on it.

On my Chapparal lnb there is a dime-sized blue plastic connector between the servo motor and the base of the probe. Without this connector the servo would turn but will not turn the probe since it is not connected. Is it possible that you are missing a similar connector?

its not missing that its on it thanks tho :)

You should get 110 -120 total travel on probe, when feed is on the dish, rotate feed so you have the 90 deg travel in the middle of the 110-120

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts