Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess we'll have to wait and see .But I agree with what I saw and heard.I wasn't the only one either whose Directv Tech told me about channel dates. You can clearly see in a number of threads. Believe it or not its all up to you. Good Luck.

That's kind of like planning the date and time of your next oil change in your vehicle. There are many reasonable factors that might have an impact on the turn-up date. Among the most unpredictable are weather delays of the satellite launch. Boeing delays are certain, but the extent of the delays is very unpredictable.

Once launched, the time line should be more predictable, but still not cast in stone.

harsh - I think you should re-read my posts last sentence. I mentioned the need to launch as scheduled. But more to the point, my post only states that there has to be a time-line from sat launch to light up. I have no doubt that DirecTV and the content providers have had more than their share of discussion of channel availability as well as launch dates.

You couldn't be more right!!! But there are links on that Form that have Same information. #217

Nobody is questioning the June 20th launch date. They are questioning the Sept 4 date to launch some of the new HD channels. I have not seen any real information supporting this claim.

Nobody is questioning the June 20th launch date. They are questioning the Sept 4 date to launch some of the new HD channels. I have not seen any real information supporting this claim.

I guess the only "REAL" information will come around Labor Day .Maybe in a month Directv will post a real date. I'm sure Labor day date is based on the D10 going up on time.

I guess the only "REAL" information will come around Labor Day .Maybe in a month Directv will post a real date. I'm sure Labor day date is based on the D10 going up on time.

I hope it does happen for D* on Labor Day. The only thing that I hate to see is if it does not happen and then everybody is bad mouthing D* for not making a date that was never officially announced.

Hey Questioner - questions for you:

1) Are you hoping for the sat to blow up? Or do you want it to be successful and give DirecTV the 100 channel capacity this year?

2) Why do you have DirecTV, DISH, and FiOS? Doesn't any one of them satisfy you? And if not, why aren't you ever posting in those threads with your complaints?

Please go on the record (especially question 1).

Hey Questioner - questions for you:

1) Are you hoping for the sat to blow up? Or do you want it to be successful and give DirecTV the 100 channel capacity this year?

2) Why do you have DirecTV, DISH, and FiOS? Doesn't any one of them satisfy you? And if not, why aren't you ever posting in those threads with your complaints?

Please go on the record (especially question 1).

I will answer 1 because 2 is off topic and I have already answered it many times before.

No, I don't want the satellite to blow up, the more programming choices the better. But capacity is just that, capacity. Subs don't pay for capacity, they pay for channels. Directv has offered enough questionable "official info" about their hd plans that we don't need more unofficial speculation to add to it.

I will answer 1 because 2 is off topic and I have already answered it many times before.

No, I don't want the satellite to blow up, the more programming choices the better. But capacity is just that, capacity. Subs don't pay for capacity, they pay for channels. Directv has offered enough questionable "official info" about their hd plans that we don't need more unofficial speculation to add to it.

And of course - YOUR COMMENTS are not UNOFFICIAL SPECULATION I guess.

lol

The list of channels is wrong. I talked to a bunch of the channels listed this week, and they were saying they could launch this year, but in reality they are looking at early next year.

One channel I talked to (Actuallt A&E Networks) has an interesting channel which they are launching History Channel HD. Some of those should could be very interesting in HD.

true. a&e hd launched in september 2006 and was picked up by bhn in december. the only program that was actually in hd was reruns of csi:miami. i understand reruns of the sopranos were to start airing in hd.

hopefully, by the time this launches on directv, there will be original programming done in hd!

The "common sense" date would be before the NFL season starts, since you know D* does not want to turn off HD channels for Sunday Ticket like they did last year. That is assuming the launch/testing of Directv10 goes OK. :)

I don't see any argument here. I could care less when the channels get lit up, that is their issue. I am paying D*. All I can ask for is that they are prepared and have the ability to air the channels when they are ready to launch. They are obviously doing this. The promises as many like to call them are for capacity. Anyone want to argue that they don't have a plan implemented to take care of this? Come on Questioner, I am certain you have something insignificant to say. Hate to bring you into this but, I still fail to see any need or want for anything that you have posted in D* forums. Your truths are ridiculous, and your D* bashing is blatant. I personally don't understand the 2 week ban that you somehow cant admit you had, should have been a year. I would like to have everyone ignore you but it is not fair to anyone new coming on board that does not realize your history. Sorry iceturkey, this needed to be said.

I don't see any argument here. I could care less when the channels get lit up, that is their issue. I am paying D*. All I can ask for is that they are prepared and have the ability to air the channels when they are ready to launch. They are obviously doing this. The promises as many like to call them are for capacity. Anyone want to argue that they don't have a plan implemented to take care of this? Come on Questioner, I am certain you have something insignificant to say. Hate to bring you into this but, I still fail to see any need or want for anything that you have posted in D* forums. Your truths are ridiculous, and your D* bashing is blatant. I personally don't understand the 2 week ban that you somehow cant admit you had, should have been a year. I would like to have everyone ignore you but it is not fair to anyone new coming on board that does not realize your history. Sorry iceturkey, this needed to be said.

I personally don't understand why someone is allowed to continue to use 4 different forum accounts but oh well, this is a liberal community. Deal with it. If there is anyone that needs to be banned lately, it's you, everyone of your posts is a personal offtopic attack.

I think it's obvious what HD channels will be up once they light up the sat:

HD versions of anything already available:
Starz HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
any other premium movie channel in HD
National Geographic
A&E
and so forth.

Also the RSN's in HD should be a top canidate.

Sunday Ticket HD should also be up there and it may be the only way they can offer the extra CBS games without shutting off more then TNT on Sunday.

And as the others come online later in 2007 and early 2008 (the Disney networks and Discovery 5 pack for example).

The fact remains, once the satellite is running they can instantly add a 2-3 dozen HD channels immediately, and can add more as they come online.

Sounds good to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)