Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I personally don't understand why someone is allowed to continue to use 4 different forum accounts but oh well, this is a liberal community. Deal with it. If there is anyone that needs to be banned lately, it's you, everyone of your posts is a personal offtopic attack.

But I have not been, but someone I know has...several times,several forums.
Oh, and the only posts that I have that are ever off topic or personal are the ones that answer your ridiculous rants. I am not sure who you are talking about but I have one account here, period, I even have my real name and location on my account, do you?

Well - I hope that this is all up and running before September really. Shouldn't take that long to get a satellite into its proper orbit I wouldn't think.

Well - I hope that this is all up and running before September really. Shouldn't take that long to get a satellite into its proper orbit I wouldn't think.

-------------
Telesat's Anik F3 satellite has completed in-orbit tests and has now
entered commercial service. The satellite was formally handed over to
Telesat by satellite manufacturer Astrium just three weeks after launch.

With DirecTV, saying, "As long as there are no problems," is like saying, "As long as it's not one of the seven days of the week."

We will get new HD programming when we see it on our screens, whenever that is. DirecTV seldom, if ever, does anything when the original plan or PR release guesstimated.

Good grief. DirecTV on time? As long as there are no problems? With DirecTV? Surely someone is just kidding us? I hope.

Fortunately, we also have FIOS, so we are already watching all the HD channels D* might offer in the next millenium.

With DirecTV, saying, "As long as there are no problems," is like saying, "As long as it's not one of the seven days of the week."

We will get new HD programming when we see it on our screens, whenever that is. DirecTV seldom, if ever, does anything when the original plan or PR release guesstimated.

Good grief. DirecTV on time? As long as there are no problems? With DirecTV? Surely someone is just kidding us? I hope.

Fortunately, we also have FIOS, so we are already watching all the HD channels D* might offer in the next millenium.

Actually, if you go back and look at the timetable that D* set in 2005, they are mostly on schedule. The rescheduling of D11's launch is hardly their fault, or the problems that occurred with the Spaceway sats.

I don't recall D* ever giving DEFINITE dates as to when this would all happen, how can you saynthat they have missed commitments ?

Jimbo

Well, directv has for the first time apparantly endorsed the launch date of a new hd channel, they are taking a big risk considering the sat isn't even in orbit yet:

Launches of New HD Services Continue
History, Starz, HITS Join HD Party
By Mike Reynolds Multichannel News 5/7/2007 2:21:00 PM

Las Vegas -- Networks’ migration to the HD format continues apace with a spate of services announcing service launches.

The History Channel HD will take its first public step into the enhanced format in September, when the 24-hour service bows on DirecTV. The new service will simulcast the network’s entire lineup of original, nonfiction programming and specials.

The feed will feature such diverse fare as series Lost Worlds, Dogfights, Digging for the Truth, Cities of the Underworld and Mega Disasters, and the recently announced Ice Road Truckers, The Universe and Human Weapon, plus specials such as Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed, The Lost Book of Nostradamus, The Hunt for John Wilkes Booth and Stalking Jihad.

“The History Channel HD will give our History fanatics an unparalleled view of history with stunning clarity and rich perspective that they will find nowhere else on the television landscape,” said David Zagin, executive vice president of distribution at History parent A&E Television Networks, in a prepared statement. “We are equally delighted that DirecTV, one of the nation’s largest programming distributors, will be there with us from the beginning of this exciting launch. We look forward to many more partnerships with distributors to bring The History Channel HD to their consumers.”

History HD will join sister network A&E HD -- which launched last year -- on DirecTV come September.

“The History Channel has a large and passionate following among our customers, and we’re looking forward to being the first to provide them with their favorite programming in true HD,” DirecTV executive vice president of strategy and development Derek Chang said in a prepared statement. “Both The History Channel HD and A&E HD exemplify the kind of high-quality programming that we’ll offer DirecTV customers as we begin a significant expansion of HD channels this fall.”

For its part, Starz Entertainment subscribers will soon get more chances to see Johnny Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow in HD. Starz Entertainment this summer will present such theatricals as Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Cars and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby in the enhanced format with the debut of three new Starz-owned HD premium services.

Complementing its extant Starz HD channel, as well as its Starz and Encore HD On Demand services, the company will offer HD mirror channels of the East Coast feeds of its Starz Comedy, Starz Edge and Starz Kids and Family services.

“Starz has always been a leader in terms of offering our customers more ways to enjoy our great movies,” president and chief operating officer Bill Myers said in a prepared statement. “We pioneered in digital transmission, multiplex, on-demand and online. We will now be able to offer the largest package of HD movie channels of any widely distributed programming service and the only one featuring first-run hit movies.”

Myers hopes the additional Starz feeds will convince more subscribers to watch HD content from cable: He said that while the number of HDTV sets sold every year has been growing, only one-half of HDTV owners use their sets to watch cable and satellite programming

“Working with our affiliates, we will make a major effort to convince HD-set owners that their televisions are good for more than just watching DVDs,” Myers said. “With our great lineup of HD movies, on-demand HD services and now with four HD channels, Starz is well-positioned to spearhead those efforts.”

Speaking of Starz HD, the service is one of five enhanced networks that Comcast Media Center will launch on its HITS Quantum all-digital channel lineup. CMC said A&E HD, Home & Garden Television HD, Food Network HD and Universal HD will also be available on HITS Quantum

Denver-based CMC also announced that it secured transport agreements for offering standard-definition feeds of Rainbow Media Holdings' AMC cable network and News Corp.'s Fox News Channel.

“HD service from HITS Quantum is designed to meet the needs of cable operators requiring a cost-effective alternative to headend-based content management, especially systems serving rural markets," CMC COO Gary Traver said in a prepared statement.

All told, HITS Quantum offers more than 200 digital video and audio services in order to support cable-system operators' migration to an all-digital service. The HITS Quantum all-digital platform features secured authorization, optimized digital-program-insertion triggers and high-quality video and audio.

http://www.multichannel.com/index.a...cleID=CA6439832

I think it's obvious what HD channels will be up once they light up the sat:

HD versions of anything already available:
Starz HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
any other premium movie channel in HD
National Geographic
A&E
and so forth.

Also the RSN's in HD should be a top canidate.

Sunday Ticket HD should also be up there and it may be the only way they can offer the extra CBS games without shutting off more then TNT on Sunday.

And as the others come online later in 2007 and early 2008 (the Disney networks and Discovery 5 pack for example).

The fact remains, once the satellite is running they can instantly add a 2-3 dozen HD channels immediately, and can add more as they come online.

Sounds good to me.

What about the Chiller channel that was suppose to launch in HD?

I don't recall D* ever giving DEFINITE dates as to when this would all happen, how can you saynthat they have missed commitments ?

Jimbo

maybe, i'm wrong jimbo, but i thought the very first commercials regarding directv's hd expansion mentioned either summer or fall 2007. that might be a stretch. maybe, they just said 2007.

it wasn't like they said jan 1, 2005 that they would add 100 national hd channels by sept. 1, 2007!

I would like to know how they confirmed things...

Look at the Dish Network one for example...

Future Plans - (Confirmed)
INHD

INHD does not exist anymore, it is now MOJO. Dish had it uplinked last year but then talks fell apart the channel was removed.

Also this..

Directv has signed aggreements with networks to launch 60 National Networks Channels in HD by 3rd Quarter 2007

with plans for *100 national HD Channels by end of the 2007

What 60 national network channels?

And this...

ALL Voom HD Channels - is in talks to buy Voom HD and become the owner of them
And Much More... Stay tuned...

Oh well its a nice wishlist anyways. But it does tell me one thing no matter who you have for your Satellite company the future looks bright for HD.

Its got to say future. And BOTH the content providers AND the pay TV companies are aiming it seems for the same time frames: to me that's all that matters really. Does it matter what DAY of the week it launches?

I can't believe in such naivity - if it wasn't matter, DTV wouldn't attract attention to itself by posting half misleading info early.
They doing that for expand customer's population, gather more money NOW - that's simple matters.

I can't believe in such naivity - if it wasn't matter, DTV wouldn't attract attention to itself by posting half misleading info early.
They doing that for expand customer's population, gather more money NOW - that's simple matters.
i think you are dead wrong here. This info.is from a first quarter report and has to include info of this type. This info is not generally read by the public as a whole, it is targeted to the analyst community - a group of experts that go through it and then write up their own reports and findings. This info cannot by law be fabrication.

suggest some of you visit the directv webcast thread. sorry, was in the middle of dealing with the veterans administration but posted hi-lites from what i was able to listen to!

hemi - i believe there is some truth to the link you posted according to what chase carey said this afternoon at webcast!

Status
Please reply by conversation.