Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anybody know if the satellite has been shipped to the launch site yet?

There is someone who appears to be a Boeing "insider" who posts at dbstalk using the names DirecTV10 and DirecTV11, who says that DirecTV10 is now at the Baikonur Kosmodome launch site....

It is indeed rather amusing how many of the same members here that are so skeptical regarding the HD plans DirecTV announced are salivating over Charlies hallucination to launch 2 says THIS year with a purpose of mirroring their ENTIRE offering in MPEG4.

Time for a reality check, NO ONE said they would mirror their MPEG4 this year.

They just said the satellites would be launched.

It will be next year when the MPEG4 service is available.

You have taken my comments the wrong way - this is NOT about Echostar, its about the people that diss the plans of one company so easily, but embrace the others just as easily. From my perspective I hope both reach their goals, and ASAP.

It is indeed rather amusing how many of the same members here that are so skeptical regarding the HD plans DirecTV announced are salivating over Charlies hallucination to launch 2 says THIS year with a purpose of mirroring their ENTIRE offering in MPEG4.

LOL... someone is turning fiction into facts.

I would take it too. :) and it WILL happen, it may not be on September 15th but we will get there!

Just some folks are expectiing September 15th to roll around and have 100 or 150 HD channels, and that just not going to happen.

Not me !! I'm saying when september 15th roles around I want A&E and History HD.I'll be happy with progress! I know for a fact I NEVER said we are getting 100 to 150 channels by September.Directv never stated that either ,Their Goal was clearly stated that they want to have 100 HD channels by the end of 2007.

it was made quite clear in wednesday's webcast that not all 100 channels will come on board in september. in fact, i don't believe a number was mentioned. but chase carey did say all 100 would be lit by the end of 2007, provided the bird is successfuly launched!

it was made quite clear in wednesday's webcast that not all 100 channels will come on board in september. in fact, i don't believe a number was mentioned. but chase carey did say all 100 would be lit by the end of 2007, provided the bird is successfuly launched!

All rhetoric aside, I don't think anyone paying attention expected ALL 100 to light on day 1. DirecTV's 'promise' said by 2007 (and for sure they meant by end 2007 as the last 2 sats were only scheduled for this year).

I think it is reasonable to expect at least 35-40 by end of September though.

The 100 HD number was always stated to be by the end of 2007 with the majority being launched in Q3.

Frankly who cares if they have them on September 30 or October 30? Only someone looking to nitpick IMO. And BTW, I am only guesssing based on the provider info I have read.

It is way to easy to push your buttons. It was all meant as a joke. If they get 30-40 up by the end of Q3 they will be doing good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)