GEOSATpro Possible HDVR3500 Receiver Problem

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I am currently using an HDRV3500 in the dining room and last night I noticed a high pitch squeal coming from the receiver. After unplugging it and rebooting the receiver, the squeal came back. It's loud enough to be heard from the living room even with my bad hearing. The only way to stop it is to remove the coax coming from the dish, but it starts again when you hook it back up. I am currently using an old Houston Tracker LNBF on this dish, and I was wondering if it could be pulling too much current.

It doesn't affect the operation of the receiver and it's cool to the touch and doesn't seem to be running hot. Any suggestions?

That is for sure a power supply whine, from what you describe. Take another LNB(F) that you have laying around and hook it up with a short piece of coax. If the squeal returns, the PS is going bad, if not the Houston LNBF is going bad, or something in the system.

Reactions: . Raine
That is for sure a power supply whine, from what you describe. Take another LNB(F) that you have laying around and hook it up with a short piece of coax. If the squeal returns, the PS is going bad, if not the Houston LNBF is going bad, or something in the system.

I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks for the input. Merry Christmas :biggrin

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts