Possible MLB Extra Innings Changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dropped my EI subscription last year and paid for the MLBtv option - I think it was $125. I was able to watch games on my android phone but not my android tablet. They didn't have the app to stream games for my tablet. Of course i didn't find that out until after I paid for it. The main viewing plan was supposed to be thru my LG BluRay player. The service last year was intermittent @ best. It kept buffering, it was awful! I have a 30Mb profile from my ISP - so it wasn't me. MLB simply didn't have the bandwidth to support the service. Their customer service was non-existent. Strongly considering going back to EI.

Interesting. I didn't have that experience last season. I have 12 Mbps service from Comcast (though I typically get 20+) and most games played smoothly. Occasionally the video would go to an extremely low-quality mode, but after a few seconds it would pop back to normal.

I dropped my EI subscription last year and paid for the MLBtv option - I think it was $125. I was able to watch games on my android phone but not my android tablet. They didn't have the app to stream games for my tablet. Of course i didn't find that out until after I paid for it.

You had to pay for the app? I got it free with my MLB.tv sub last season.

Interesting. I didn't have that experience last season. I have 12 Mbps service from Comcast (though I typically get 20+) and most games played smoothly. Occasionally the video would go to an extremely low-quality mode, but after a few seconds it would pop back to normal.

That was my experience as well on my Roku box. The quality would drop to that of bad YouTube videos, then pop back to acceptable PQ. Some days were worse than others. It really made me think about dropping the service and going with EI this season, but I really like having the ability to watch games anywhere I am, so MLB.tv stays.

I agree with you guys -- MLB.TV is definitely inferior, PQ-wise, to MLB/EI. The frame-rate is lower (appears to be 24P, making it look like film). It's inferior audio-wise as well, since as near as I can tell, the audio on all the games is mono (not stereo, much less 5.1). However, even though I have had EI for several years, I decided to drop it this season. Main reason is that "my" team is carried by my RSN, so there's no need to pay extra to get those games.

You wouldn't get those games anyway. EI is for out of market games only.

I was surprised when I called to cancel EI that I wasn't offered any incentive to keep it. They just say "OK, it's removed," and that was that.

Welcome to the club. That has always been my experience, also. They never offer me anything or any incentive to keep the services I drop.

So let me see if I have this right. The pricing for new subscriber to MLB EI on D* this year is $39.99/mo for 5 months or $199.95.

My existing sub renewal rate is $33.33/mo for 6 months, or $199.98.

Gee, thanks DirecTV - as an existing subscriber my renewal rate is 3 cents higher, what a discount this year!

IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE: You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. We are renewing you at the lowest price of 6 payments of $33.33/month.

You had to pay for the app? I got it free with my MLB.tv sub last season.
Yeah, since last year the MLB APP has been free and one APP goes across all platforms of the same OS. It used to be $15 for each platform.

50mbs ?
For that they should take you TOO the game and you should have the smells of the park and have to catch a foul ball ....

I'd like to know where on Planet Earth is someone getting TWC internet at THAT speed.
Mine is 14 down and 1mbps up. I get some buffering issues on MLB.tv. But only when traffic is busy. One issue...I cannot watch in HD.
I have Dish so MLB.tv is my only option. If EI is $200 I would never get it. That's an absurd amount of money to watch one team...And that team isn't so good. Mets. Yeah yeah. I know. No outfield and crummy relief pitching.. Ya have to stay loyal to your teams

You also have to remember that DirecTVs EI is different than that of all of the other providers. DirecTV has their own version using their own feeds. All of the other providers use inDemand for EI.

What does Directv use?
What does "own feeds" mean?

What does Directv use?
What does "own feeds" mean?

Directv uses the same feeds as In Demand does. They use the RSN's. Only difference is that Directv already has the feeds on their system, while cable systems have to get the feeds from In Demand.

I'd like to know where on Planet Earth is someone getting TWC internet at THAT speed.
Mine is 14 down and 1mbps up. I get some buffering issues on MLB.tv. But only when traffic is busy. One issue...I cannot watch in HD.
I have Dish so MLB.tv is my only option. If EI is $200 I would never get it. That's an absurd amount of money to watch one team...And that team isn't so good. Mets. Yeah yeah. I know. No outfield and crummy relief pitching.. Ya have to stay loyal to your teams
My TWC is 50 mbps

Just did a speed test right now, during the highest traffic time with 3 devices currently running on my network, and I got 30 mbps. In a couple of hours from now, I can probably get 50. In the morning I always get over 50

Capture.PNG

My TWC is 50 mbps

Just did a speed test right now, during the highest traffic time with 3 devices currently running on my network, and I got 30 mbps. In a couple of hours from now, I can probably get 50. In the morning I always get over 50

View attachment 85102

Jesus Christ!! Either you have a head end in your back yard or there is no one else sharing the node that feeds your area. The turbo version on TWC here offers 25 down and 5 up (mbps) What's your typical upload speed

Jesus Christ!! Either you have a head end in your back yard or there is no one else sharing the node that feeds your area. The turbo version on TWC here offers 25 down and 5 up (mbps) What's your typical upload speed
I don't have the turbo boost. Turbo boost is only available on the 15 mbs. My speed is consistent throughout.

I have RoadRunner Ultimate, but am getting it for the standard price

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/internet/plans.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts