Possible MonstersHD replacement from Sony

Bradp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Heres the article I saw, I dont know if Dish would be interested but I would be.

Sony plans to launch Sony Pictures Movies HD, FEARNet linear channel later this year -- Engadget HD

article_label_fileunder.gif
Content
Sony plans to launch Sony Pictures Movies HD, FEARNet linear channel later this year

By Richard Lawler posted Jul 6th 2010 5:17PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...y-television-plans-to-launch-us-channels.htmlGet ready for a few more movie channels to hit your guide listing, as the L.A. Times reports it's heard Sony is planning to launch two new channels later this year. The first is the familiar FEARNet, currently existing as a video on-demand only provider that it hopes to get in more homes by adding a traditional channel, and the other would be an all new Sony Pictures Movies HD venture. So far Sony Pictures hasn't pursued its own movie network in the US but it does have channels overseas, and this would be a high definition channel along the lines (and pricing) of MGM HD. It doesn't have the three screen flair of EPIX HD, but if we can get some OAR movies with proper surround sound, that would be something to look forward to.

We could indeed see this one. In fact it was announced that DISH had a deal with Sony at team summit for programming including a 3D channel.

We will hear a lot more about this in the fall. :)

Can I ask what it means by ad-supported? Does that mean it will have commercials?

As long as the movies are uncut and in HD I can deal with a small commercial break like with MGM HD.

This would be perfect. Bring on all the Jasons and Michaels!
The Jasons and Michaels have been (and strangely continue to be) done ad nauseum.

Bring on the good old fashioned monster movies with a smattering of lab-built and other-worldly characters.

This is awesome I hope everything goes through and we get this channel and its pretty decent It will finally make up for the loss of MonstersHD.

Dish Network server wants login when logging into my acct

How to sign up for HD free for life & 3 mos. of HBO/Showtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)