Possible Receiver Fraud?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since they seem to have your MIL's name I would at least get a credit report from one or more of the 3 agencies. These reports are free to you once a year and well worth getting when you have something weird like this. Any bogus CC would certainly show up on any of these reports.

Thanks for the update. I missed your original post so caught up with your update. I can't even imagine trying to prove I don't have receivers that they think I have. But, as stated, since you never saw a bill they have the info on the billing address and should be able to follow up on that.

Filing a Fraud Alert with the credit bureaus would be a good idea too.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. We checked the credit reports and will file a fraud alert with them. We received a very nicely written letter from the Fraud Division of DTV today saying that my MIL is off the hook, and to pls let them know if there are any future complications like bad credit posting. Hopefully they can stop all that before it starts. So all well and thanks again to all for your helpful suggestions and support. Satellite Guys and members rock!

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. We checked the credit reports and will file a fraud alert with them. We received a very nicely written letter from the Fraud Division of DTV today saying that my MIL is off the hook, and to pls let them know if there are any future complications like bad credit posting. Hopefully they can stop all that before it starts. So all well and thanks again to all for your helpful suggestions and support. Satellite Guys and members rock!

Glad to see it's come to a resolution on the POSITIVE side for you guys !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts