Possibly 'coming back' - account questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I've done the numbers and I can and most likely will, switch back to Direct in the very near future. It just makes very good financial sense. But a couple of questions come to mind that I can't remember the answer to.

1. During the 1st year do they price protect. IOW will the price as shown stay the same for that first year. I thought it did the last time I was with Direct but can't remember.

2. I know that autopay with a credit card pays the day the bill generates and before you can look at it, how about with a debit card?

3. With a less than 2 year away 'come back' offer, can I combine a referral for a little more off?

I'm looking at a Genie+HRxx with Premier and based on the website it works out to be :
1. Upfront $199 for the HRxx - any chance of negotiating that for free??
2. 1st 3 months @about $61
3. 9 months @about $108
4. 2&3 years @about $146

thanks for any info.

I do direct pay with a debit card and I get a notice a couple weeks before my bill is paid that my bill is ready to see on line. I always do a quick glance at it when I get the e-mail :)

1. During the 1st year do they price protect. IOW will the price as shown stay the same for that first year. I thought it did the last time I was with Direct but can't remember.
no. they give you monthly credits. From the D* site
Prices include the following instant bill credits for 12 months: $30 for ENTERTAINMENT Package, $35 for CHOICE Package, $36 for XTRA and $38 for ULTIMATE Package or above

There is no "price lock"
2. I know that autopay with a credit card pays the day the bill generates and before you can look at it, how about with a debit card?
I think Annie is right. Debit card they run on the day its due.

3. With a less than 2 year away 'come back' offer, can I combine a referral for a little more off?
sure you can
1. Upfront $199 for the HRxx - any chance of negotiating that for free??
highly unlikely. They want you to get the mini (clients) and not another HD DVR

Thanks all.

Turns out my adult son has fallen in lust, uh love and will be moving along within a few months. So I'll get a Genie and Mini and send the Mini back after he moves. Told him about that and he was smart enough not to bitch! :)

Ok, made the call, got the referral applied and a new/returning customer deal that was a little sweeter than I thought it would be.

Genie (requested HR44) + one Mini, install is tomorrow and should go easy as the dish/lnb and cabling is all run except for a short run to the upstairs for my son.

They even threw in the next seasons' NFLST as part of the deal. I was surprised at that as I hadn't seen anyone reporting that this early in the year.

After my son moves out I'll send the Mini back and hopefully he and his sweetie will decide to get Direct so I can pass on a referral to him.

Ok, made the call, got the referral applied and a new/returning customer deal that was a little sweeter than I thought it would be.

Genie (requested HR44) + one Mini, install is tomorrow and should go easy as the dish/lnb and cabling is all run except for a short run to the upstairs for my son.

They even threw in the next seasons' NFLST as part of the deal. I was surprised at that as I hadn't seen anyone reporting that this early in the year.

After my son moves out I'll send the Mini back and hopefully he and his sweetie will decide to get Direct so I can pass on a referral to him.

Welcome Back Iparsons21 (Directv at least LOL). Me personally I wouldn't switch back and forth when increases come up, Too much hassle, then trying to find a weekend appointment install date since during the week wont work(but you're fine there since you're retired:))

Thanks.

I'll be dual-subbed for awhile as we burn off all the stuff we have recorded on the Hoppers. And there will certainly be things I will miss as I switch over, but then that was true when I switched to Dish for the Hoppers. Lots of good tech and a great UI to work with!

The installer showed up at 7:30AM after calling to ensure I was home. No roof work as I had a fully functional SWM setup already from the last time I had D*. He just had to run on cable in the garage to the upstairs bedroom my son lives in. All in all a very simple install and took about 1.5 hours, maybe even less.

I have to say that I had not believed all the stories about how damned fast the HR44 is. Just didn't 'cause everything I ever had from D* before was SLOW! This HR44 is every bit as fast as the Hopper. I even like the little RC71 remote except I won't be able to use it. It won't control the volume on the AVR and no one-button power up is reasonably possible. So the Harmony 1 it is! I will say that the remote response to the RC71 is a shade quicker than with the Harmony 1, but both are more than quick enough.

And yeah, being retired does give me time flexibility!

Possible to post numbers they gave to you for this? I am in the same boat. Thanks!

Ok.

$38 off for 12 months for Premier or Ultimate
$10 off for 2 years on the Advanced Equipment fee
$10 off for 10 months for a referral
$47 off for 3 months for the premiums

The first figure is a little less if you pick below Ultimate.

Our first year of credits just expired. Wife isn't happy, lol!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)