Post Size For Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, but I was able to get 3ABN at 90% with it set where it is. However something moved. Could have that been because the latitude is wrong?
I wonder if maybe you were reading the elevation side of the motor? That would show 64 (90-latitude)

I am about at my wits end and with no one in South Texas that knows anything about it, my only option is to put it back in the box if I can't get it to work right.

we can't give up now. Its almost working :)

Also I edited my post above yours with some more info..

When Brian says to sweep west and east, is he talking about moving the motor manually with the button of physically moving the mounted position of the motor slightly?

Shane
On the motor elevation, there might be writing on 2 sides. One side says elevation and one says latitude. The Latitude side should be set to 26. On the Elevation side, it would be 64 (90-latitude).
Tony, on this GS120 motor, it has Latitude on both sides. One is a mirror of the other one, so either side should work to set the motor up. The scale on the dish is the same way, both sides mirror each other.
The problem I had, was caused by the tube (I think). I changed my tube to a 55mm tube from the tube that came with the dish. Maybe the 55mm tube is standard now, I don't know? I don't know what tube you are using Shane, or what size dish you have. I know that the tube I'm using (a 55mm) has a different angle than the one that came with the dish. So, you can throw out any angles given from any normal site or calculator, that I'm aware of. Where I'm at, the dish angle should have been around 28 (I think), it's at about 17 and it's all the way up, as far up as it will go. And it wasn't enough, I had to change the motor elevation (which is something you're not supposed to do) to 33+, from 32.5. But it works. I hope you get it figured out without all the trouble I had, but I got it to work. It took a lot of aggravation, but it works.
While working to get it going, I had lots of ideas, like putting the smaller tube back on, after I noticed the difference in the angle, which didn't happen. .And, I thought of turning the motor upside down, of course it would have to be spun 180 degrees around the pole, and the settings in the receiver would have to be set for South America, and that didn't happen either. But I don't think I would have had as many problems. But then again, I've got it working, so I'll let it be. Good Luck on yours, I know it will work, you just have to figure out how?

Al

Well since I got 3ABN at 90% once already with the motor set at the latitude the tech left it at, maybe I should stay with that and just play with the angle on the dish.

I did find some FTA telephone support I can get for a fee. I won't mention their name or info since they are not a sponsor/supporter of this site. So I think with their help, I will get it this weekend.

When Brian says to sweep west and east, is he talking about moving the motor manually with the button of physically moving the mounted position of the motor slightly?
He is talking about physically moving the whole motor/dish assembly on the post by loosening the motor clamps.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts