Post your 622 Reviews Here!

LOL, that's crazy that the scan went too fast for you. My 811 in the short time it was my primary receiver took far too long to scan for OTA HD channels, and I love the speed and sensitivity of the 622. It picked up 40 channels for me.

Is anyone else experiencing siginificant audio drops? I didn't have this problem until last night, but it was very noticeable. I did all the idiot checks--checked the connection from 622 to my receiver, rebooted the 622 etc., but I still had audio issues.

Austin

Active for 3 days now, just did its 3rd spontaneous reboot. That makes three reboots in three days.

I received mine on Wensday. I do not have a DP44 but I do have a 61.5 with my Dish500. I called and asked if I could run the 622 on TV1 till my install on the 21st and they said yes but call back when I was ready and go thru Tech Support only.

After Lost I proceeded to do that. I ran into a little problem. First the unit comes up with both TV1 & 2 on in the dual mode so the switch was having problems finding what I did not have -- an input for TV2. The TECH Girl Cynthia worked with me for what amounted to 1 1/2 hours to finally get this working.

First we had to get the check switch to work. Then we had to sync the TV2 remote and turn off TV2. Then I had to reboot and go back thru the Check Switch routine before the 622 would download any software. Download time about 15 minutes and I have been very happy ever since.

My wife even noticed how nice the picture looked and I was watching Smallville on SD. When I turned it to the Olympics she said that was the best picture she had seen on our HDTV in the two years we have had it.

The only thing is either the hard drive stays on all the time or the Fan stays on most of the time I am watching TV. Is this normal? Even when I turn the unit off the hard drive keeps running. Can this be right?

Also one more thing, my remote that I had set up for the 811 works perfectly fine with the VIP622 -- who knew? :)

Last edited:
The only thing is either the hard drive stays on all the time or the Fan stays on most of the time I am watching TV. Is this normal?

Yes but it is not that lound (like it is when you first plug it in) :)

Even when I turn the unit off the hard drive keeps running. This can be right?
Yup when its off it downloads update guide info as well as tunes to some of the hidden PPV channels and records movies on your hard drive for the VOD feature to work. :)

I hope it's not FUBAR. I have a good OTA antenna system installed and have had great results over the past 3-4 years. From the 6000 through the 811, 921, 942 and 211, all worked well with getting OTA DTV. My old 921 rebooted all the time. I hope the 622 isn't going to follow the 921's lead.

It may just be just a coincidence that I've been tuned to OTA for all but about one of the reboots.

I had problems with the 942 before I got rid of multipath issues... Just like you would be watching OTA and ... reboot. Moved the antenna from the attic to above the roof and problems went away. Are your OTA signals solid and not fluctuating? Mine were going up and down all the time until I moved the antenna.

They (OTA signal) may fluctuate one or two meter points, generally high 80s to low 90s for all of them. For example, 92-91-92-91 for one, and the lowest is 88-87-88.....

Just checked mine... Same as yours. Before they were all over the place, even dropping down to zero at times.

I haven't had any problems with mine except for the problem scanning in my locals. I hope yours isn't screwed up.

Got my 622 today, kept 921. Second CSR was very knowledgable. She asked if I wanted to keep HD on the 921 so not to turn it off by accident. Had to call back due to first one making one mistake. She actually did everything I needed done, turning on NY locals (I am in the NY dma, so don't ask how I got them), changing subscription to Platnum HD, ect. Except she never turned on the 622. Had to call back after about 20 minutes to get it right. 622 working great by the way. Easy to figure most of it out after years dealing with the 921 I guess. I remember having more problems first day I activated the 921.

Got this tonight after setting several record timers and watching The Magnificent Seven...
dvr005Small.jpg

Time to look for a fan solution. FYI - this alert does not go away until the temerature drops to 120* F. Its internal fan was whirring away and I put a box fan on it on high for now. After it hits 120, it will reboot and look for satellites which was scary at first, but all is well now.

I got my 622 today, and after 3 hours of phone calls it's working like a champ. The only problem I have is a popping sound in audio. It happens about once every 30 seconds. I'll check the connections tomorrow. Overall, I like it alot.

Recieved mine today! Ordered on the 3rd. Anyway, called up to get it activated.. they had to cancell my install.. I didnt bother arguing. Ill just buy a dish 1000 off ebay and install it.

I live in PA, and i went to Maryland to work on my car with some friends.. The minute i get there I get a call informing me my 622 had arrived. So, because this happened, everything had to go wrong with the car. Anyway, i finally get home at around 11pm, run up to my room and ripped open the box.

Install wasnt hard at all. I had to use the hdmi cable from my dvd player, and use component on the dvd player. Both units had an optical cable so im ok there.. As everyone else, it didnt come with ANY hd cables suprisingly.

After it was all connected, I plugged it in. The fan kicked on for about 20 seconds, all the lights blinked, then the point dish screen came up with no signal on any sat. I ran a switch test anyway, cause its a common problem. Came up with this

6223.jpg

Good news.. exited out, got good signal (100+) and then proceeded to download the software. While downloading I called and had it activated. After being put on hold twice, and 20 mins later I was activated. Went upstairs, had the message scott was talking about, about all HD info cleared. Selected "ok", then went to ch101. black screen. Opened menu, ch101 came up.

Automatically I punched in 9420 in the epg.. all of them were red. So i flipped down to sd chans.. they were all coming in great. Went back up to HD, they were all there. Activation took really well.. I set up my preferences, setup single mode, and im using the tv2 remote with no problems at tv1. It even powers the tv1 tuner on and off while in single mode which is pretty cool for UHF junkies like me :cool:

Anyway, just playing around with everything, setting up some timers for the next few days. Ill let you all know how they fire.

heres a few more pics.. Sorry theyre a little blurry. My batteries were dying, and i didnt want to use flash so I had to brighten them in photoshop.

6225.jpg

6224.jpg

6222.jpg

6221.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)