Post Your Bill

Statements.

All i gota say is man what you have to pay to watch tv now days,heck i remember when i first signed with dish i got AEP. for $69.99 a month which i thought was a good deal but now look at it over a $100.00. To me the cost of watching tv is getting out of hand and dish brags that you get a good deal and shouldn't have to pay alot for tv still can't figure out where their coming from at this point.:confused:

DishBill.jpg

$712.66

Do I win? :D

One of the things that really annoyed me about annual billing is that some of the charges could not be done annually. I always had to overpay an estimated amount for 12 months of things like superstations.

All i gota say is man what you have to pay to watch tv now days,heck i remember when i first signed with dish i got AEP. for $69.99 a month which i thought was a good deal but now look at it over a $100.00. To me the cost of watching tv is getting out of hand and dish brags that you get a good deal and shouldn't have to pay alot for tv still can't figure out where their coming from at this point.:confused:

I agree. I canceled service yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I liked the service and Love the 722, but I realized that with the exception of a few channels, I was mostly watching my locals. $60/month seemed way too much for that.

I am going to give the tivo + netflix and my motorized setup a go, but the 722 is still on reserve.

Being with Dish since June '09, I'm pleased with the service but cannot understand their billing. My statement this month showed a total due of $65.25 on 11/17/09 with no past due amounts (I'm on Autopay), yet the payment they took was only $49.66!...Giving me a zero balance...I'm not complaining, but I just can't figure out what the hell they do to figure out your bill.
Ghpr13:)

Being with Dish since June '09, I'm pleased with the service but cannot understand their billing. My statement this month showed a total due of $65.25 on 11/17/09 with no past due amounts (I'm on Autopay), yet the payment they took was only $49.66!...Giving me a zero balance...I'm not complaining, but I just can't figure out what the hell they do to figure out your bill.
Ghpr13:)

You would think that a large Corporation would just have their billing cycles go to a 1st of the month to the end of the month cycle, for all billing and credits. In my 6 years with Dish it was always very confusing to figure out just what exactly what you were being charged per month.

Here is mine. I have 2 leased 622 DVRs. I notice many have a charge that states 'HD & Platinum', where mine is 'SilverHD'. Is there a difference between the 2?

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 190
I agree. I canceled service yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I liked the service and Love the 722, but I realized that with the exception of a few channels, I was mostly watching my locals. $60/month seemed way too much for that.

I am going to give the tivo + netflix and my motorized setup a go, but the 722 is still on reserve.

The internet is your friend. For those that don't need HD, I don't know why they'd need anything else. Cable/Sat providers are in trouble once most people figure this out. Their prices really need to come down if they want to stay in business. To pay for a channel and have to watch commercials too is an outrage. When the dust settles there will only be internet providers. Young people are already making the switch.

The internet is your friend. For those that don't need HD, I don't know why they'd need anything else. Cable/Sat providers are in trouble once most people figure this out. Their prices really need to come down if they want to stay in business. To pay for a channel and have to watch commercials too is an outrage. When the dust settles there will only be internet providers. Young people are already making the switch.

HD is awesome, but again, most programming the wife and I watch are in HD via OTA.

The TIVO + Netflix is a real treat, and the streaming pq is almost true HD! It will be years before fios even begins to make its way around here, so this will do.

Monthly Charges
dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -10.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment - 5.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -11.00
HBO & Showtime 22.00
3 MO Premium Discount -7.45
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
DISH Network DVR Service - Adjustment -6.00
DHA Leased Receiver 7.00 _____________
Monthly Total $36.50

I also get Cinemax for 1 cent a year. It's not listed for some reason.

I keep doing another commitment in order to keep HD Absolute and get the new customer discounts. They say that they can raise the price, but not completely change packages. I THINK I will have relatively no problems getting out of my contract if they change my package. Of course, I may be screwed, but I don't think so. It's $12.50*number of months remaning on contract to cancel. So this is what I do, but YMMV...

The standard new customer deal can be found online. Here is one:

Free Equipment
Free Installation
Free Activation
Free Home Protection Plan for 9 months
Free Second Room Programming (with a phone line connected)
Free HBO + Showtime for 3 months
One Year Cinemax for just $0.01! (Need to sign up for credit card auto pay)
Get $15/month credit for 12 months (Classic bronze 100 package or higher)
2-year contract required
-getstuff4less

Monthly Charges
dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -10.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment - 5.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -11.00
HBO & Showtime 22.00
3 MO Premium Discount -7.45
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
DISH Network DVR Service - Adjustment -6.00
DHA Leased Receiver 7.00 _____________
Monthly Total $36.50

I also get Cinemax for 1 cent a year. It's not listed for some reason.

What are you getting the "adjustments" for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)