Post Your Bill

I think I read on this site that if I subscribe to
Americas Everything Pack I don't have to pay a DVR fee?

So, thanks to this thread (or another on the site), I realized that I've been paying a leased receiver fee with only one active receiver for the past 2 years - ever since I upgraded to my 722 (via the Dish'n It Up promotion).

I found the place on the FAQ where it says the lease for the first receiver is included in the package, and brought it up to a CSR in chat.

He says he submitted it to the "promotional management team" and they would credit my account if any was due.

Does this sound legit? What are my odds of getting that $150+ back?

I have two 622 receivers leased under Dish'n It Up, and under contract until November of 2010. I recently downgraded to Classic Silver and took off the HD pack to save some money. Here is my bill:

Classic Silver with DVR.............. 57.99
DVR Receiver............................ 12.00
Subtotal................................... 69.99

State/local tax.......................... 2.11

Total........................................ 72.10

I also have the penny Cinemax which does not appear on this month's bill.

Not sure how much lower I can go and still meet the WAF test. I don't think Bronze is an option since she watches a lot of SoapNet. Going online for cable shows is not an option either for the same reason. Thinking about dumping the second 622 and running a composite video cable to the bedroom off of the TV2 port on the 622 in the living room.

I find I do most of my TV watching on the computer now so it wouldn't bother me to shut it all off, but the wife and kids would stage an uprising. I could probably win the kids over if there were a dedicated media PC in the living room.

I have two 622 receivers leased under Dish'n It Up, and under contract until November of 2010. I recently downgraded to Classic Silver and took off the HD pack to save some money. Here is my bill:

Classic Silver with DVR.............. 57.99
DVR Receiver............................ 12.00
Subtotal................................... 69.99

State/local tax.......................... 2.11

Total........................................ 72.10

I also have the penny Cinemax which does not appear on this month's bill.

Not sure how much lower I can go and still meet the WAF test. I don't think Bronze is an option since she watches a lot of SoapNet. Going online for cable shows is not an option either for the same reason. Thinking about dumping the second 622 and running a composite video cable to the bedroom off of the TV2 port on the 622 in the living room.

I find I do most of my TV watching on the computer now so it wouldn't bother me to shut it all off, but the wife and kids would stage an uprising. I could probably win the kids over if there were a dedicated media PC in the living room.

Now I understand more thank you.

What are you getting the "adjustments" for?
I think two are for contracts and the $5 is because they gave me a 722 instead of a 222 and I complained and got the DVR fee free for two years. I just got another three months free of HBO. The problem is most people don't ask or know how to.

See current bill:

Attachments

• currentStatement.jpg
    currentStatement.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 239
This is my new bill. Is it right? I have 2 vip211 and one vip722 DVR...

Feb 20 - Mar 19 Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD Solo Receiver 14.00
HD & Platinum 10.00​
$ 98.99+ taxes

DVR Service 6.00
HD Solo Receiver 14.00
HD & Platinum 10.00​
$ 98.99+ taxes

The 14.00 charge is for 2 of the solo receivers? IF so then it is right.

DVR Service 6.00
HD Solo Receiver 14.00
HD & Platinum 10.00​
$ 98.99+ taxes

Did you already have DHPP (Service Plan) on your account? If so, is not your new bill just $1.01 more than before?

Yes i have DHPP. Dont know if i really need it...?
So, if this is my new bill than its not so bad. I thought its gonna go up like 20%.I am happy thats not true...

I have a question about mine. I have a leased 622, purchased 222, and a purchased 722. I only see a charge for one DuoDVR and one Solo HD receiver. Did they not charge me for the 722? Or should I not get charged for my purchased receivers.

picture1pqks.png

The 722 is the most expensive of the receivers, therefore it is not charged in additional equipment charges. Only the 222 and 622 are listed there. Makes no difference whether you own or lease , it is not a factor at all. It is based on the model & which is the most expensive. In order it would be 722, 622 and then 222.

I have a question about mine. I have a leased 622, purchased 222, and a purchased 722. I only see a charge for one DuoDVR and one Solo HD receiver. Did they not charge me for the 722? Or should I not get charged for my purchased receivers.

picture1pqks.png

Besides you're paying $10 for Gold HD. You should call them to have it changed to the $10 HD & Platinum package, so you get ALL the HD for your $10. Right now you're not getting the HD channels included in the Platinum package.

/mon
Just found this thread. Im going to read back and see if there are changes I can make.

I have one 611, and locals.

attachment.php

You could be getting Silver & Platinum HD for the same price ($10.00/month) as Silver HD. I would try to talk to a CSR online to get that changed. The following channels are available in Platinum HD:
361 MAV TV HD
363 IndiePlex HD
365 RetroPlex HD
366 Universal HD
371 Centric
373 Logo
374 Fashion TV HD
383 HDNet Movies
385 MGM HD
387 Crime and Investigation Network HD
394 World Fishing Network HD
I think that I got all the channels in the list that are in Platinum HD.

Last edited:
You could be getting Gold & Platinum HD for the same price ($10.00/month) as Gold HD. I would try to talk to a CSR online to get that changed. The following channels are available in Platinum HD:
361 MAV TV HD
363 IndiePlex HD
365 RetroPlex HD
366 Universal HD
371 Centric
373 Logo
374 Fashion TV HD
383 HDNet Movies
385 MGM HD

You could be getting Gold & Platinum HD for the same price ($10.00/month) as Gold HD. I would try to talk to a CSR online to get that changed. The following channels are available in Platinum HD:
361 MAV TV HD
363 IndiePlex HD
365 RetroPlex HD
366 Universal HD
371 Centric
373 Logo
374 Fashion TV HD
383 HDNet Movies
385 MGM HD

Thanks they would not speak to me online as account is in my wifes name but bill goes to me.

I called spoke to a nice young lady who sorted this out for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)